I Want to Escape From Princess Training - Ch. 5

You know the phrase he is a nice guy try to date him!
Is basically this but she can't escape!
Maybe she should try to date someone else and see if she can run away....

Dex-chan lover
Oh my god, everyone is gaslighting her!!! Like legit she's like "I wanna be free, he's keeping me locked up here" and everyone's like "no honey, he's just so in love with you and you're so oblivious, you gotta just accept all of this and stop trying to run" and it's like no! She doesn't need to accept it! It literally even shows that she understands he's in love with her, but she isn't at all! Good lord I think she'll have to murder him before Stockholm Syndrome stops being a "contested illness" and becomes as legit as the common cold!!! 😡🤬🤬🤢🤮😖

Wow, that just came out of me. Anyway thanks SecretScans for my weekly rage fix!

I really, really hate this weird way they’re trying to rationalize marrying him even though she doesn’t want to.
‚Well, you said he doesn’t love you, but he does. You dont hate him, right? You didn’t want to because you hated the training but now its over! So c’mon, why not marry him?’
Like geez, this isn’t a debate and she doesn’t have to present arguments to finally make you back off. If she says she doesn’t want to and is desperate enough to jump through a freaking window then you should maybe take a hint you psycho.

Dex-chan lover
This is so sad and painful, she already said no this is kidnapping and i hate it, hope she gets away

She’s been tied up and refused the right to free time, friends, expressing herself and constantly got put down + smacked by the royal tutor... AND they think HE has it bad?! Because he’s entitled to receive her feelings? She’s not obligated to like him no matter how much he likes her.
Good for her for maintaining the will to escape!

I actually usually like the good ol’ yan-prince trope but I only like it when the prince gives the FL some respect. AND when some people actually side with FL. I don’t like that they’re all unilaterally bullying Leticia.

Dex-chan lover
@OtomeAddict I usually like yandere tropes too! I think there's an element of escapism to a fictional yandere; you forget that this type of behavior is creepy and unsettling in real life, and focus on the fact that "aww, someone cares so much for me that they would do anything to be with me!" Especially if you suffer from loneliness, or isolation, of any kind. Fictional yanderes can be cathartic. They help you feel wanted in an un-wanting world.

But again, in real life, that behavior is gross, and fiction can only blur the lines so much before it gets too real. Prince Clark's behavior is overly-aggressive. BUT if he were with a more submissive protagonist (like a Drama CD where she can't speak or a blatant self-insert character) it would kind of work? But Letizia is not the submissive type; she curses like a sailor, and yearns to be free, and is clearly traumatized from all this shit she's going through right now. And everyone in the story believes the prince and not Letizia! Feels way too close to some domestic abuse/assault stories I've heard over the years, with the gaslighting, and denial, and lack of personal space.

So yeah, this yandere is a bit too much.

Aggregator gang
Basement?? But i still see the tree tho? Lol this manga is terrifying and funny at the same time XD thank you for the update!

her way of talking is hella hilarious. but, everything is against her will. kinda scary and funny my brain can't decide which one to follow

@AllosaurusJei
nope she don't. Rather she actually realizes she is becoming aware of the prince

@Karakuri1812 Maybe because it is a floor below the main hall? Some building call it basement if it is under the main floor even if it's not underground.

I don't mind the whole yandere trope, cuz it's fiction, but I do wish he would let her go at some point.
It's getting on my nerves that she's being put against her will.

I'd be so much more okay with this if he didn't literally lock her up instead of just pursue her normally

fck, even if it's been 10 years it doesn't give you the right to force her into a marriage she doesn't want, & has never wanted. confess all you want but she's literally a prisoner atp

The comment section is always super fun for this lololol
In a weird way, this manga is enjoyable to me (Prince is still kind of creepy. He needs to work out his issues)

Yeah...unfollowed. This reads to me more like a thriller/horror movie than a shoujo manga. And the fact that people are okay with her being imprisoned against her will (even finding it "romantic" ) doesn't sit right with me too. The Prince is rapey and disgusting and doesn't know his own boundaries. Some love he feels. It's more of an unhealthy obsession. - _- Don't get me wrong. I like my own share of yanderes; I just don't like Clark and his type of yandere.

Aggregator gang
Bruh should try getting to know her, anyway I'll still read because I want to see where this goes

First i thought she was lucky to be loved but then....it's creepy, poor baby girl the feelings of being cornered and having no way out is not nice😷
Thank you for the chapter ♥♥

I still think the prince too obsessive and how the fl family doesn't see how toxic that is. He's not cute. He's just abusing his power.

I'm having mixed feelings about it. This manga is kinda funny, but ngl I just wish the MC to be free.

Dex-chan lover
That f**king maid? She thinks that is love? She also wants to be in "love"? I also have a basement. I could make it ready for her and tell her daily how much I love her. Absolutely not threatening, nor dangerous. *wink* *lol* *Just kidding* <- See? Not creepy at all. I can't understand why anybody wouldn't believe, that kidnapping equals love, even if it is a fictional character that "believes it"! I know it is supposed to be funny by traversing a line, but damn....that's rather dark. Especially, if you think about, that some people actually believe this to be romantic.

Users who are viewing this thread