I Want to Hear You Say You Like Me - Ch. 11 - ???

Contributor
I don't have much to go off of, but does an alternate timeline count as isekai? Is this an entirely new world where everyone just happens to have the same name? There's a fiction conundrum. If the characters look the same and have the same names, but have completely different relationships and personalities, does that make them a new character

I'm not sure if I forgot or if I just assumed the isekai part was because of the hypothetical days. But damn, I need more chapters!

So, MC Isekai-d into a world/timeline where lover boy doesn't love him, which was his wish.

Thing is that in that timeline/world the MC and his friends and girlfriend dont know each other, and MC was the one to confess to lover boy.

Just hope he actually goes back to his timeline.

Well, dropping this. Turned into a different story half-way through for the sake of pointless drama. At this point we're just being dragged along for whatever the writer feels like doing at the time with no rules. Why should I feel invested about him trying to figure this out, right the wrongs, or make the boy fall in love with him when his powers can just cause a random jump in logic and universe that drops all the story progression up to that point?

I sound salty and I am. I had no idea this was coming other than vague "MAKE A WISH" panels. I was invested. I wanted to know where the story was going, not restart it halfway through with a different plotline/setting/character dynamics. How would they deal with their parents finding out? Could they convince the school and their friends? What was the girlfriend's role and how would they resolve her resentment? What was the deal with him manipulating time and would his friends find out? All of that is gone now. I'm sure it'll go back to the other universe at some point and maybe I'll pick up and read it again then, but I really don't care at all for this new setup, especially when it seems like the equivalent of an amnesia arc (Oh no, we almost got together but then my lover forgot about everything that happened and now he hates me! I'll have to make them love me by basically repeating the entire story but with switched emotional roles).

It'd be one thing if the story up to this point were half a chapter or one chapter but it's been 10 chapters of setup. It doesn't build on what we read, it replaces it. It swaps out a story we were reading for a different one and pretends as if it's one continuous storyline. It's not and I don't care for this new story where the main character is hated by literally everyone into suicide, which is what this chapter implies. If you still like it, great, but I needed to vent because this kind of shit pisses me off so much. I stay away from gay bullying and suicide stories for a reason and I don't like being tricked into reading one.

Group Leader
@qyubey not here to convince you not to drop the series, just felt like you put a lot of thought into your comment and that it deserved a response, lol. i thought your perspective was really interesting, since it was the opposite for me - this chapter is the one that caught my attention and made me think 'yeah, i want to work on this.'

i definitely agree that this is a really jarring chapter, though, especially if you went into the series expecting funny/cute romcom (like me!). when we wrote up the plot summary, we considered giving more warning about this plot twist but decided not to since, like you said, this happens ten chapters into the story. feels like too much of a spoiler to put that into the summary, lol.

i don't think it's entirely unexpected, though. we've had some hints about world-hopping - mostly the mystery of xu yuan's dad - and the MAKE A WISH panels made it pretty clear that something bad was going to happen if xu yuan continued to run away from his problems. i certainly didn't expect faux-isekai, but it feels like karmic retribution in a sense - xu yuan has been selfishly thinking only of himself this whole time, and now he has to learn what his actions felt like from ziang's perspective.

that being said, i totally understand feeling cheated because the story has dropped all of its plot setup for a completely different world with completely different concerns. i'm more interested in character development than plot, so i'm perfectly fine with that, but i get that other people might not be, haha. i'm also a sucker for melodrama even though i complain about it...

spoilers for raws / story progression.
if you do decide to pick it up again, we swap back to the 'original' universe around ch35. unfortunately that's about as far as the raws go, so i can't say anything about whether the payoff will be satisfactory.
the series is probably better binge-read anyways because of all the cliffhangers, but we're a slow and inexperienced two-man team, lol. we're working hard on catching up with the raws, but it'll probably be a good few months before we do. ;v;

Users who are viewing this thread