I Was Reincarnated, and Now I'm a Maid! - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

@Bluehammer12 Really late reply but a lot of maids that served royalty are actually women of lower nobility. Well there are maids of different rank and one's social status determined that. Those who came from a low-ranking noble family would normally serve their masters personally, such as helping them get dressed and washed. Those who were commoners would be maids responsible for other menial tasks such as laundry. The MC is a high-ranking maid, or more commonly known as a lady-in-waiting: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lady-in-waiting

The average aristocratic household would only have maids with a common background (no noble would serve another noble of a similar social standing). However, it's not unheard of for members of the royal family or high-ranking aristocrats to have maids who were of low nobility. I don't know how historically accurate this is but in period dramas, it's always a big deal if the maid serving royalty is a commoner; they have to be a noble. I also often see that it's a big deal when a noble maid has to serve someone of a lower social standing (e.g. the king's concubine who is a commoner).

Users who are viewing this thread