I Will Die Soon - Ch. 1

Honestly the MC still has a fault in being easily disheartened. Getting shot down by multiple job interview hurts, but he definitely shouldn’t have started investing (especially in Bitcoin).

The ex-girlfriend was definitely the asshole here. I get that the MC was being a pretty bad, but she moved on so fast that it looks suspicious. She was likely already cheating on him long before the break up and he never noticed.

Fed-Kun's army
Ah, yes, this guy from the modern era is the first person to have died thinking that death was a "trivial tool", out of the billions of people who've died in 40,000+ years of human thought.

The question is whether it's the protagonist or the author who's self-absorbed enough to believe that.

Dex-chan lover
@WhoCares Yeah and that's ignoring all the people who though of other people's death as a trivial tool, using death as an easy way to dispose of their ennemies, he really isn't unique in that, you can chalk it up as a god being a cunt to a random person for a flimsy excuse.

Dex-chan lover
Sooo. . . He was about to fall on top of those people in the streets and get em' killed too, right?

I can't blame the girlfriend. Dude didn't even like clean or anything while at home. It is weird that she married someone three months later. Maybe she found her true love though, ya never know.

just want to throw in a prediction for the end

the final death he will be given the chance to avoid will be his own, he'll experience death a bunch, learn a valuable lesson and decide to live on in his own life and keep trying.

EQ

It’s basically a story of Diavolo after part 5. Neat😄

Fed-Kun's army
People seriously blame the ex here? Would you want to live with a jobless SO who spends all their money betting on bit coin and lazing around instead of cleaning and doing housework while you make money and take care of them? She spent way too many years of her life on him. She should have left sooner.

@RunaVolkov
I know your comment is from a year ago but still.
How is it the girlfriend's fault? She's 31 years old, for her who already has a stable job, she might find it the right age to find a person to settle down with.
MC is clearly not husband material, no one would want to marry someone who's unemployed, makes bad investments in bitcoin and can barely pay rent for his tiny room.
I'm surprised she was patient for 6 years to be honest. It's not selfish to want to have a better life for yourself and future kids, and there's nothing she can do to get him employed.
Saying she probably cheated on him is a stretch, I've known many people who married 1-3 months after meeting a person, it can be suspicious that it's so fats after the break up, more than cheating I think she might have met someone who she she would be happier with and that what agve her a push to break up.

@edma
Yeah, my comment on the whole cheating thing was very speculative and was assuming the worst case scenario, considering this guy’s life was going downhill in bad ways.

I didn’t say she was at fault; I just felt like she was being the “asshole” because, a year ago, I assumed she was cheating. Looking back on it, there wasn’t much evidence to presume anything of the sort. Maybe she met with someone who would make her happy and pushed her to cut off her current relationship. I guess I assumed it’d be natural to be a little more cautious about commitment after breaking something like that off, but some people are built different and we don’t see much of the actual circumstances leading up to it.

I do recognize the guy was at fault, but I guess I was being too lenient in my original comment. Just to be clear I wasn’t blaming the girlfriend for the guy’s mistakes; just that the breakup could’ve been handled better (and my misunderstanding about cheating). The delivery just kinda sounds like she lost her love for him a long time ago and she was looking for a way out (though, assuming again, maybe she felt trapped after putting so much time into him). In hindsight, he had it coming after what he’s become. He still had opportunities to turn his life around, but instead laid down and blamed the world for it.

Looking back on old comments, even those from a year ago, is so strange because it’s like looking at the situation at a different perspective. I definitely feel less sympathetic for the guy after reading this chapter a second time.

Users who are viewing this thread