Ichigo-chan on Sundays - Vol. 2 Ch. 12 - Episode 12

Double-page supporter
you know i been wandering... this manga has a romance tag but doesn't have boy's love tag nor yaoi so...
wheres the female heroine in this story?

Fed-Kun's army
Broke my phone beginning of the month, it was hell. Way too many things rely on having a phone these days.

Dex-chan lover
you know i been wandering... this manga has a romance tag but doesn't have boy's love tag nor yaoi so...
wheres the female heroine in this story?
Calling it now, Yamano is a closet Trans person, so if the tag is purposefully omitted, then I'd say her being Trans is the reasonable assumption.
Of course I could be wrong, but if I'm right I get bragging rights so yolo.

Dex-chan lover
but there's no gender swap tag so closed trans is not a option
Not an option is harsh wording, it's up to the author so it's always an option if they're keeping it a secret.

'Sides, speculation is fun so the tags don't mean much imo
What really matters is where the author takes the story~

Power Uploader
Yeah this is bullshit, I'm going to add the boy's love tag because this is literally boys' love. How else would you know that the girl on the cover art is not a cute chick but a cute boy and this is not a romance between a guy and a girl with some crossdressing elements? Also, how are people supposed to find this manga say for when someone is browsing by the boys' love tag looking for some BL to read? No excuse to not include the tag.

Anyway, his wig falling off would be a terrible disaster. Aren't wigs really wobbly, how is he wearing one without any protection? Quite a risque move! Already asking to hug! Bratty boy! Handholding correction is needed

Banned
Not an option is harsh wording, it's up to the author so it's always an option if they're keeping it a secret.

'Sides, speculation is fun so the tags don't mean much imo
What really matters is where the author takes the story~

The author I believe has called this a BL iirc.

Also I'm getting tired of "trans" speculation whenever there's a crossdresser present in a story.

Can we  NOT do this? That sorta thing should only come up when the character themselves has said so.

Let the crossdresser be a boy. Stop trying to say he "might be a girl" that's real regressive. Cause any evidence of this trans speculation is so superficial like "he wears dress" or likes feeling pretty.

Dex-chan lover
And if you are wrong...?
Then cool, speculation is half the fun of reading manga.

I'm not about to force anyone into agreeing with me, but I will for damn sure stand my ground about the freedom of mystery and the intrigue it can drive.

'Sides, if I'm wrong, then it won't be the first or last time, I just like sowing seeds and reaping the harvest if I happen to get a point or two right~

Also I'm getting tired of "trans" speculation whenever there's a crossdresser present in a story.

Can we  NOT do this? That sorta thing should only come up when the character themselves has said so.

Let the crossdresser be a boy. Stop trying to say he "might be a girl" that's real regressive. Cause any evidence of this trans speculation is so superficial like "he wears dress" or likes feeling pretty.
Including you since the above is relevant;
I get where you're coming from, and I agree that there is an over saturation of people trying to enforce these things to happen, but I do it from a place of enjoyment for the characters and inserting myself in their steads.
It's one of the charms that I grew up having, around friends with similar interests and tastes, speculating on what could possibly happen next. Something I try to preserve and convey as everyone online drifts into their own secluded spaces.

Reading manga alone isn't nearly as fun. Y'know?

Banned
'Sides, if I'm wrong, then it won't be the first or last time, I just like sowing seeds and reaping the harvest if I happen to get a point or two right~

Including you since the above is relevant;
I get where you're coming from, and I agree that there is an over saturation of people trying to enforce these things to happen, but I do it from a place of enjoyment for the characters and inserting myself in their steads.
It's one of the charms that I grew up having, around friends with similar interests and tastes, speculating on what could possibly happen next. Something I try to preserve and convey as everyone online drifts into their own secluded spaces.

Reading manga alone isn't nearly as fun. Y'know?

I'm just saying there's been no hints that the character in question doubts himself in how he personally feels on his sex.

You here, are basing he might be trans solely on how he presents himself. Feminine & cute. Femboys & Crossdressing men aren't trans girls...

And yeah there have been oversaturation of "this character is trans!" And I don't see how what you're saying is any different. You can call it speculation but the implication is still there.

aye, if i hadn't used up all of my whiskey i'd drink to that

Dex-chan lover
I'm just saying there's been no hints that the character in question doubts himself in how he personally feels on his sex.

You here, are basing he might be trans solely on how he presents himself. Feminine & cute. Femboys & Crossdressing men aren't trans girls...

And yeah there have been oversaturation of "this character is trans!" And I don't see how what you're saying is any different. You can call it speculation but the implication is still there.
🤷‍♀️
If that's how you interpret what I said then that's that I suppose, I know my intentions behind what I said and I'll stand by my words.

Someone doesn't need to understand why they do the things they do in order to continue doing it for reasons they don't fully comprehend; I crossdressed and identified myself as a Trap for years before I came to accept myself as Trans. There are definitely things that stand out to those who've gone through similar life experiences, and whether or not the plot makes them bear fruit is a separate ordeal.

Self discovery is a major part of learning the most about oneself as possible, and going for the trap angle in order to trick someone only to fall in love with them isn't something that's typical. Same kind of experience imo as the "what, no? Every guy/girl has wondered what it'd be like to swap genders!" trope a lot of actual Trans people have.

Pure speculation; either way, they're a lovely couple and I look forward to seeing more of them~

Users who are viewing this thread