Ichinichi Gaishutsuroku Hanchou - Vol. 19 Ch. 147 - Panko Stir-Fry

Dex-chan lover
Panko are fine bread crumbs coated to the skin of meats, veggies and seafood for frying giving them a satisfying crunch and more fun texture. They're made from the bread whites (no crust) and dried, giving them a less oily consistency during the cooking process.

As for crazes, there was this thing called "viennetta" in the 90s which was a frozen dessert which looked like a slice of chocolate cake dressed in an ice-cream topping. They came with Pizza Hut dinner and I can remember the commercials making them out to be very classy and rich. I missed out on eating it back then but I recently found that they sell it in supermarkets and costco. I don't know, I've spoiled myself on real premium ice-cream, is there any point going back for this anymore?
Some other crazes I liked in the past were Krispy Kreme when they were first introduced in my country, and Boba right before it really took off.

HCO

Dex-chan lover
Panko are fine bread crumbs coated to the skin of meats, veggies and seafood for frying giving them a satisfying crunch and more fun texture. They're made from the bread whites (no crust) and dried, giving them a less oily consistency during the cooking process.

As for crazes, there was this thing called "viennetta" in the 90s which was a frozen dessert which looked like a slice of chocolate cake dressed in an ice-cream topping. They came with Pizza Hut dinner and I can remember the commercials making them out to be very classy and rich. I missed out on eating it back then but I recently found that they sell it in supermarkets and costco. I don't know, I've spoiled myself on real premium ice-cream, is there any point going back for this anymore?
Some other crazes I liked in the past were Krispy Kreme when they were first introduced in my country, and Boba right before it really took off.
Lmao vienetta. We must be the same age because yeah I remember it exactly like you tell it. We had it a few times when I was a kid and it was good but yeah, it's not going to hold a candle to the "real" icecream you can get these days now that it's a whole industry. I think you should try it once, though, just to indulge your inner child.

Dex-chan lover
Lmao vienetta. We must be the same age because yeah I remember it exactly like you tell it. We had it a few times when I was a kid and it was good but yeah, it's not going to hold a candle to the "real" icecream you can get these days now that it's a whole industry. I think you should try it once, though, just to indulge your inner child.
Disillusioned millennial club, yeaaah!

Dex-chan lover
I believe panko are cooked by running electricity through them, so they cook from inside out, resulting in crumbs that no regular bread can produce.
I was very confused by this cause I'm like... don't you just cook panko in the pan? But you mean like, how it's produced before it's put in the box lol.

Very fun cute chapter. Loving this return to a food-focused era, lol. Gotta try making the panko stir-fry myself...

Dex-chan lover
When I was 17-18, dad got me a box of matcha. It was very expensive back then, reserved for tea ceremony nutheads, and I was so hooked my friends were made to suffer through many a matcha cake.
Nowadays around here matcha began really taking off as a component in drinks and in some places - desserts but I'm just no longer interested... I feel u Miyamoto.
And hey, some cameos from Tonegawa, yay!! Do you think the craze reached Hyoudou? Or is bread crumbs poor people food to him? Hehe

Dex-chan lover
Obviously Yanauchi knows what panko stir-fry is, don't underestimate the Don.
Are Viennettas similar to those McCain Deep N Delicious cakes in the freezer?
Speaking of fads, back when Ramen started getting super popular globally around 2015, I was eating it at least once a week.

Users who are viewing this thread