Ichinose-ke no Taizai - Vol. 6 Ch. 48 - The Ichinose Family's Deadly Sins

Dex-chan lover
Ngl I expected great things from this story but genuinely it only annoyed me after a certain point, some really interesting plot points could have been explored, like the sister, what a waste of a character, or what did the mother do to that kid. I could keep writing all of the missed chances but I gotta say, I like this ending, it's sweet and overall it leaves everyone on a better place without solving everything magically, the beginning and the end are the best parts of the Manga, so I'm happy at least it didn't fumble the bag that much in the end.

Dex-chan lover

7.5 would be above average, 8.5 would be very good, almost great, unless you're grading on a severe curve, I guess.

I don't think this series got anywhere close to those highs once you look past the shock value and the various twists and cliffhanger chapters. Taken as a whole, it's just a contrived, repetitive story with unlikable characters caught in a poorly written story that goes nowhere. You're free to like it or not feel as strongly, but don't be surprised that other people don't want to celebrate an insulting anticlimax.
After a little while to think about this story as a whole I am more aware of its flaws and shortcomings and would agree 8.5 is a little bit to high of a score to rate Ichinose-ke no Taizai. But, I still think that on a thematic level, the characters and plot points hold up quite well. Maybe I’m just talking everyones criticism harsher than intended or something else but I’m really just surprised at the general sentiment of the readers for an other wise, in my opinion, good story.

Users who are viewing this thread