Ichioku-nen Button o Renda Shita Ore wa, Kizuitara Saikyou ni Natteita - Ch. 25.1

Dex-chan lover
I forgot how unhinged his sister is. Thought those were stacks of marriage forms again.

Group Leader
The tournament was said to be in a month, then on page 23 he spends the rest of the year training, and dying for a week of training? -_-;
It's a mistranslation. In the original, the "year" he spent training is actually part of the contest name, that is, the actual translation would be along the lines of "I spent the rest of the time training for the first-year war". The week-long period seems correct, though.

This particular error smells a bit of machines, because one thing about nouns in japanese is that they are used the same way even if it would be a repetition; if in english one would avoid saying "first-year war" every time by shortening it to "the war" as it's clear the speaker is talking about this specific contest, the japanese language encourages using the full name even if the speaker were to say it fully two or more times. A human would recognize the pattern even as a novice, but machines don't really know about it so they take the 一年 and consider it as a separate thing entirely, instead of being part of a longer name (一年戦争).

Double-page supporter
Definitely will support this move cause you didnt try to snipe a popular series, but I'm watching you.

Dex-chan lover
the moment you made the first exception, you left the door open for the next one.

H1n5BxT.png

Dex-chan lover
:meguusmug: He's got Sukuna in him. Maybe just give up on being main character and let the monster take over. Will save the series just like it saved JJK

Dex-chan lover
It's a mistranslation. In the original, the "year" he spent training is actually part of the contest name, that is, the actual translation would be along the lines of "I spent the rest of the time training for the first-year war". The week-long period seems correct, though.

This particular error smells a bit of machines, because one thing about nouns in japanese is that they are used the same way even if it would be a repetition; if in english one would avoid saying "first-year war" every time by shortening it to "the war" as it's clear the speaker is talking about this specific contest, the japanese language encourages using the full name even if the speaker were to say it fully two or more times. A human would recognize the pattern even as a novice, but machines don't really know about it so they take the 一年 and consider it as a separate thing entirely, instead of being part of a longer name (一年戦争).
I kinda figured. I was just pointing it out. It was rather sloppy to let it slip by.

Dex-chan lover
Was that his real sister or like another girl that has that role? It's been a while so I genuinely forgot who the characters are

Contributor
Was that his real sister or like another girl that has that role? It's been a while so I genuinely forgot who the characters are
She's playing the "I'm like your Onee-chan" card to get sympathy/pity help.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm.. When he lands his blow on his soulthingie on page 12...

Mangaka recycling picture files, or a genuine drawing mistake making the MC crossdress.. ?
MC is supposed to be wearing pants, but his leg there is clearly dressed in Ria's knee socks..

Users who are viewing this thread