IDOL×IDOL STORY! - Ch. 39 - Vanguard Battle

Ritsu got the Vanguard position!

The Trainee battle is going to be good.

Dex-chan lover
And it's on! Love how this series is all about character dynamics. Given the situation, with the Vanguard being the one responsible for setting the tone and building/taking space for the rest of team, you can see how much more fitting of a role it is for Hitoe than Ritsu, still, I wonder if there's a personal flare she'll be able put on the song or if she'll go back to her younger days and fire up harder, surprising everyone.

I also gotta say I was surprised at first seeing the chosen candidates, it never occured to me before that with Ritsu being 'kicked' out of the captain role, it'd be conveniently open for Mimi to take it and leave the Vice-captain open for Yuuri, even in a purely strategic point it for the team, it makes sense to do it. Though it'll be difficult for her to face of against Ibuki with such little time to prepare.

Very eager to see what comes next. Thank you very much for the scanlation.

I believe there's a small mistake on page 13 second panel, "Don't lose after you take my spot from me!" -> "Don't lose after you took my spot from me!" or "[...] after taking my spot from me!".

Dex-chan lover
I am going to predict the winners before it happens and see how many i got right in... god knows how may weeks.
Vanguard: Ritsu wins
Second guard: Shiori wins
Stalward: Koyuki wins
Vice Captain: Tsumugi wins
Captain: Mimisuke wins

Stalward i feel like could go either way but i am predicting that Koyuki will stay in the manga for a long time since she is the one that they can make struggle a lot i guess
The others i just hope those girls win because i just like them more than the opponents

Dex-chan lover
I knew yuuri was going to win the vice captain spot, but i didnt expect mimi to be captain vs ibuki. Guess it makes sense to pitch them like this, tho it does seem a bit early for that. Maybe author is setting the bases for a rematch later on? I do still think mimi will lose this one tho.

Dex-chan lover
Page 14's got that powah! (also legs 🥵🥵🥵)

Supporter
They picked the "favours girl" to fight Koyuki and the weirdo brother joined in, there's literally no cohesive plot where she isn't shot down, even more so when the votes are counted by an clearly fair AI lmao, it's so obvious it's not even funny

Dex-chan lover
thank you for the chapter!!!

I was about to say I really understand how Ritsu feels but tbh I don't think my situation is like her, she's literally have the worst luck so far to constantly postpone her debut.

But not feeling anything from losing is indeed a familiar feeling, a very scary one. I hope Ritsu can have her big moment in next chapter and shine bright!!!

They picked the "favours girl" to fight Koyuki and the weirdo brother joined in, there's literally no cohesive plot where she isn't shot down, even more so when the votes are counted by an AI lmao, it's so obvious it's not even funny
holy fuck I just realized that!! Koyuki's chance was already so slim and now it's practically gone.

anw I wanna try to predict too:
Vanguard: Ritsu wins
Second Guard: Urara wins (tbh it's very 50/50 but I think she will win so that there will be more tension)
Stalwart: Michiru wins
Vice Captain: Tsumugi better wins ftw!!
Captain: Mimisuke my beloved, I love u so much but rn I really don't think you can surpass Ibuki just yet, so Ibuki wins.

I want to leave a prediction here and come back in the future to see how wrong I was

Vanguard: This one is tricky, it can go any way, but I think Ritsu is going to lose in the end.
Second Guard: Here honestly I can't see Shiori losing in any way.
Stalwart: This one is tricky, most people think Michiru is going to win, me included, but if my prediction that Ritsu loses becomes true then Koyuki has a real chance to win, but most likely Michiru wins this.
Vice Captain: This one is also 50/50, but if we want a captain fight and everything goes according to what I am saying, then Tsumigi wins.
Captain: This one is in my opinion the easiest to predict, Mimi will lose, there is no way she is wining this.

As for who leaves after this, its either Koyuki (this is not even a prediction, the plot is going towards that lol) or Michiru.

Dex-chan lover
I just got done binging this whole series in one night. Completely different from what the description led me to believe I was signing up for, but I am super into it. Big thank you to the fine people who’ve been putting together these translations!

This is from the same mangaka who did New Game? I didn’t realize that until a good chunk through, but I can definitely see it. This is a series all about the very things (some) people didn’t like about New Game, and it’s brilliant for it, and I respect the hell out of him for doubling down on it.

Dex-chan lover
Just picked this up and really liking it! Wish we got a little more of the yuri though.

Thanks for the translation!

Users who are viewing this thread