IDOL×IDOL STORY! - Ch. 48 - To Each Their Own Paths

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter!!!

I'm sad that this will be the last we will ever see the sisters interacting/being together on the show :(

How did Mimi get demoted?? Didn't she perform peak showman ship of what it's like to be an idol??
yeah wtf how is Urara that high? Last I remember her performance only won because she remembered to utilize her entire team power, and not her own???

Dex-chan lover
TSUMU GOAT 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭
Also that's weird, why did all the losing team become black stars?
Wasn't it supposed to be Top half = white, Bot half = black?

I really don't understand that ranking, what is it even for if they are only going to demote the losing team anyway?

Group Leader
Also that's weird, why did all the losing team become black stars?
Wasn't it supposed to be Top half = white, Bot half = black?
Seems like, for this round at least, the individual rankings doesn't determine if they're White or Black Stars.

So the losing team all became Black Stars, even if a couple of them individually performed well in the Star Battle Test.

Judges taking the L for this one. It's pretty obvious now. Mimi and her team doing exactly what an idol should be doing (winning the crowd over) during the 1st Star Battle seemed to have really pissed off the judges because under their own rules they couldn't eliminate Koyuki.

Moving over to the 2nd Star Battle it's an anti-Mimi round. The "reserve" system means she can't fully utilize her entire team and makes them compete against each other instead. The battles are "individual" in nature as well which isn't how the idol industry works anyways. Points system heavily weighted for the judges instead of the crowd. Add the fact that she had both a rogue element with Yuuri gunning for her AND the fact that her team's getting sniped by Aria herself screwing with Karin and potentially Ritsu (seriously piss off Aria) it's a big ole "wtf!?" for anyone that's been following along.

Despite all this bs against her Mimi still wins over the crowd for her round. There's a reason Ibuki and Suzu love her and she has the respect of Ritsu + Karin. Judges also broke their own ranking system to put the likes of Ritsu, Michiru + Mimi into "Black Stars". Yea gl with that your ranking system means jack now. They won't be Black Stars for long anyways.

Double-page supporter
So she continuously has the underdog buff. Even if she's shown to be pretty amazing already currently.
well, you know the rules when you're a underdog in these series : win the first battle, lose the second and make the win in the third gloriously. And Mimi reunited with Ibuki at least in the same team (unless twist)

Dex-chan lover
awww missed the chance for Mimi and Ibuki in same team

but we can see how the girls that previously always in white star now tasting the pain of black star (except Yuuri lol)

Contributor
If they do pairs I'd love to see Tsumugi and Anon together, loli team for the win! Anyway, in page 15 everyone can see 7 Black Stars plus Yuuri, even if in the rankings the reserves were split apart from Black & White they probably just switch areas once again. Definitely it'd be more interesting if two new teams were formed instead.

Dex-chan lover
I guess if they always put the top rankers as white stars, eventually it won’t be a balanced competition at all. The black stars will be losing because they continually lost their best performers/leaders, and characters will lose their opportunity for growth.
And, that will be boring as a show/competition/story.

I imagine a team with Ibuki, Mimi, Ritsu, and Hitoe, people with already high skill floors, will probably be too strong as a team right now. Perhaps when other characters have developed more we could see this, but even then…

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
what the fuck is with these rankings? Was it mentioned that you would get promoted/demoted if you won or lost?

Dex-chan lover
I believe it'll be explained next chapter the reason for the changes in the Black and White Star teams being the outcome of the group battle and not the rankings.

Considering one of the core reasons for the show is for the development of the girls, skillwise, mentally, teamwork and to drill on them what's needed to thrive in the industry (which is very cutthroat from what the veterans said), that's reflected on the ranking results (you can clearly see those that grew the most on the top, and those that stagnated) and I'm sure that played on the decision of the teams as well. Given the number of participants, I wouldn't be surprised to see they being divided in 3 teams of 5, and having some mix of black and white stars again.

As always, thank you very much for the scanlation. And I'm proud of Tsumu, and can't wait to see more of the whole cast.

Users who are viewing this thread