IDOL×IDOL STORY! - Vol. 4 Ch. 26 - Secret Plot

Fed-Kun's army
thanks for the tl. flamesubs’ memes at the end of the chapters are actually funny. More so than any other memes at the end of manga chapters that I’ve seen.

Supporter
Cool so i was right
The girls in the "randomly OP Ritsu group" are villains (except Ritsu herself, prob, maybe, i hope so)
As i said before, completely unnecessary and now they're automatically on the opposite end for any viewer so they're guaranteed to be eliminated, this thing didn't need villains (from the idol group at least)
Why it's so hard to make rivals without making the opposite inherently "evil"

Dex-chan lover
Cool so i was right
The girls in the "randomly OP Ritsu group" are villains (except Ritsu herself, prob, maybe, i hope so)
As i said before, completely unnecessary and now they're automatically on the opposite end for any viewer so they're guaranteed to be eliminated, this thing didn't need villains (from the idol group at least)
In tournament stories, most “villains” usually stick around to create more drama and tension. So I wouldn’t hedge my bets on any of them being eliminated any time soon (except maybe Michiru if they find her doing more sus stuff)

However I wouldn’t argue on any of them being exactly evil, maybe Yuuri but that’s due to a very understandable history. (Being forcibly held back by her sister)

Group Leader
Cool so i was right
We have zero indication whatsoever that Shiori will be any sort of "villain." And while Yuuri is clearly being set up as an antagonist, I don't believe her to be evil. As Gustbk said, we've already seen that her life was constantly upended due to her parents (understandably) prioritizing her sister. This understandably built up some resentment which she is channeling through overprotectiveness. I think her arc is going to end with her building a more healthy relationship with Tsumugi.

Michiru is the only one of them I think might be a "legit" villain, since Aria says in her notes (chapter 8.5) that "something feels cold about her." But that's fine, one villainous character makes things spicier, and even she will probably have a more complicated personality than "just evil."
lmao I'm still not sure if Yuuri is too much of a siscon or if she "secretly" hates her sister.
Both I think.

Dex-chan lover
I for one appreciate the targeted attacks being carried out with a flawless smile. It ain't a competition without an aggressive element, and it'd be sick to see more underhanded moves later on.

Shame it probably won't go that far, considering the vibes of the first round.

Users who are viewing this thread