Ienai Himitsu No Aishikata (Magazine) - Ch. 2 - Oneshot Part 2

Not really sure how to feel about this chapter. Don't really like how the student turned out to be kind of cruel after it seemed sweeter than that initially. It's not unbearable, so I'll definitely stick around to read more. I just hope it doesn't get worse.

Power Uploader
@DudesInCapes If you look at the first pages of the first chapter, you can see that it doesn't really turn as badly as you can think.

Group Leader
The first few page of chapter 1 suggested that they kind of happily(?) living together at the very least, so it might've been started with a blackmail of the student, but it turns out pretty well in the end, but let's wait and see what will happen.

Dex-chan lover
I wonder if it’ll get serialized. Not really into black mail yuri..

@Zhulok

I’m pretty sure this is the last chapter since it’s a two part one shot anyway lol

@JKTV there will be more. Chapter 3 is already out and the 4th will be in two weeks.

Aggregator gang
I'm already not okay with the whole student x teacher thing to begin with but this was suuuper uncomfortable to read. I don't want them to end up happy together, it's a toxic and unbalanced relationship from both sides.

Turned around not as wholesome as i thought, i supposed teacher would learn about her situation and invite her. Those blackmail tropes are suddenly very widespread in romantic genres.Often it is used in what was supposed to be a lighthearted and funny story, although there is nothing lighthearted in threats to ruin someone's life.

Dex-chan lover
I really don’t understand what’s the problem with everyone where you can’t have a story with flawed characters. Everyone must act according to ethics and morals since the beginning, no character development allowed.

For heaven’s sake, just fucking chill for a bit. It’s clear that the girl has problems with her parents and grew up in a bad environment. Just let her go through her character ark.

Or just go read some 4-koma CGDCT, maybe that’s what you are looking for.

Aggregator gang
Yeah that's really not cool. You could of easily made the Sensei on board with this instead of black mailing her with charges of sex with minors. Like her entire life would be ruined under that threat, it's way more extreme than needed for the scenario

Fed-Kun's army
Absolute yuri trash, I'm sure it'll end up averaged 8+ score though since sexual assault is a-ok in the GL community.

Dex-chan lover
@akole as an avid reader of yuri, I'm honestly weirded out by how prevalent and accepted sexual assault/blackmail/emotional abuse and manipulation in stories is. Often it's downplayed as "oh she's really an M so it's fine" or "they're in love so it's fine" or "they'll end up together anyway so it's fine". Or it's handwaved as being 'realistic'. Conveniently this always ignores the fact that the same dynamic would be incredibly creepy and disgusting in a hetero romance, to the point where the perpetrator would immediately turn into an unlikable, even outright hated, character.

But I guess it's fine as long as it's yuri? Really don't get that mindset.

@NightmareWeeb The point is in such stories serious matters are often taken too lightly. Person who blackmails someone is not just flawed, he/she is a criminal. It is not easy to sympathize with such a character. And now there is also that contrast between whole romcom atmosphere and the situation where crimes are taken jokingly, which makes it unpleasant.
@brainman There are tones of shoujo stories with same kind of weird attitude.

Dex-chan lover
@NightmareWeeb even with "flawed" characters that are supposed to improve throughout their arc, there's usually a point of no return, beyond which no amount of tragic backstory can save them from being hateable.

Starting chapter 2 by framing someone for a crime, and blackmailing them into committing an actual crime under threat of destroying them socially, professionally and legally gets you pretty close to that event horizon. No amount of fluffy screentone and flowery backgrounds changes that.

@GrayBypasser genuinely stopped reading shoujo because it felt like at some point the vast majority of dudes were these detached, borderline abusive dudes, or the rapey, molesty kind with little in between. Is that really what girls like?

what a delicious manga, I can't wait for them to fall in love more and more

and kiss even more than wonder

Dex-chan lover
I'm impressed, how did you get all those references and local definitions? it was very helpful.

Hang in there sensei!!!
Geez guys, I won't tell you to calm down (is not your taste, I get it) ... I'm just going to say that if I see you all in the next chapter, you'll all look incredibly hypocritical and lame

Users who are viewing this thread