Iji-san Chi wa Sunao ni Narenai

I love this, Very Wholesome, Very funny, I'm surprised soo many people rated this a 1??? Who even rates anything a 1 to begin with??? Is it because it's got the incest tag, and it's too tame for them incest lovers? But it's not romance or ecchi tagged or anything so what were they expecting to happen? My mind is just baffled, I can't come up with a reasonable explanation for this statistical stupidity.

@Purplelibraryguy good sir, this is unrelated to the manga, but I'm currently confused on something when I read your comment. In what way is Oyasumi Punpun a slice of life? And is it in one of those types you mentioned on your comment or not? It's your choice to answer or not tho, since I'm just rambling random stuff here for my curiosity lol

Dex-chan lover
@Sakumai-cawk You think you're confused--I'm utterly confused at why you're asking me about Oyasumi Punpun. I never mentioned Oyasumi Punpun, and although I've heard a moderate amount about it I haven't actually read more than a chapter or two, to get a vague feel for the flavour. So I really have nothing much to say about it, and neither have nor expressed an opinion about whether it's a slice of life.

@Purplelibraryguy Hahahahaha, I'm very sorry for the very random question then. it's just that when I read your comment about slice of life, my head just decided to think about how Oyasumi Punpun was a slice of life manga lol, and yeah, I also forgot to ask whether you've read punpun or not, so sorry abt that also. But ty for replying though.

Dex-chan lover
@Sakumai-cawk I fear I got unwarrantedly prickly in my reply. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd claim it's sort of slice of life, but it isn't really in any of those categories. Too weird and artistic. Far as I can tell, Oyasumi Punpun is sorta making a point about . . . life, the human condition, whatever . . . by creating a mood and an aesthetic that pushes you into a certain perspective about stuff. From what I hear, there is a plot and it does kinda go places, and the characters are well drawn, but my impression is that they're more there to serve the whole mood than being the drivers. But this is said from a position of not really knowing much, just hearing things and, in the little bit I read, seeing the deliberate grotesquerie of the character art kind of going together with the nastiness of most of the people.

@Purplelibraryguy Nah man, you had the right to be prickly on my prev comment because of its unrelatedness and randomness to your comment lol. And I didnt really mind it anyway, so it's all good.

Btw, I've finished Oyasumi Punpun for a while now, and it was one hell of a ride. Definitely isnt a manga for light-hearted people though, but it's easily one of the best stories I've read (or at least for me) in all platforms, not just in mangas. And regarding the pointless problem I gave you, thank you very much for all the time you spent just to answer my question. I now understand more or less why Oyasumi Punpun's labeled as a slice of life manga (even tho I'm the one who read it wholly, I'm ashamed to admit that you really understood more about why the manga has a slice of life in it lmao). And oh man are our long convos very unrelated to the manga page we're currently messaging on.

@Comeonnow glad you liked our pointlessly long and unrelated to the manga page conversation we had to the point that you started shipping us hahah

Dex-chan lover
This isn’t wholesome, look at the subtext- pretty sad if not creepy for both characters. It is funny though... also too bad it got completed so soon

Users who are viewing this thread