Ijimeru Yabai Yatsu - Vol. 5 Ch. 48 - Infiltrate the Student Council Room

Dex-chan lover
I know that the plot of this manga is not that good, but I can't look away, this is too much entertaining.

I used to make fun of this manga, but honestly chapters 47 and 48 have crossed the line and now I'm just angry at this thing. It's inconceivable and unacceptable that a manga with a plot this idiotic and an artwork this ugly could possibly be published anywhere. This shit belongs either to deviantART or to the trash.

Fed-Kun's army
@Labba this is The Room: the manga. It's so fucking shit that it's entertaining. It's like looking at a raging dumpster fire and you somehow can't look away.

@Labba
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Ijimeru Yabai Yatsu. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of psychology most of the jokes will go over a typical reader's head. There's also Shirasaki's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into her characterisation- her personal philosophy draws heavily from yandere tropes, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Ijimeru Yabai Yatsu truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Midorida getting covered in shit, which itself is a cryptic reference to your taste in mango. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Nakamura-sensei's genius wit unfolds itself on these pages. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Ijimeru Yabai Yatsu tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

@LordFifthIsLife Yeah, sorry but I still can't accept it. I'm reading on Mangaupdates this shit is being serialized on Magazine Pocket (Kodansha): does anybody know what kind of magazine this is? Is it a doujinshi magazine run by an otaku from his basement? Or is it a legitimate thing? Either way, someone give me their email address so I can send them my manga. Hell, if this thing can get published then I really don't see why mine shoudn't, too.

Power Uploader
@Labba It's a legitimate magazine run by Kodansha, which is some kind of small time publisher known for a few obscure titles (so a bit better than a random otaku from his basement). You can try contacting their editorial department at kodansha-jihi@k-editorial.com so they can have a chance to look at your manga. Alternatively, give the magazine a shout on their twitter. Seeing this garbage of a manga (with plot this idiotic and art this ugly) currently has 8 volumes and counting, I can't think of a reason why your manga is not given a run. Remember to update us on your progress!

@youdontknowwho You bet I'm going to try. Excluding manga with a simpler art style (like Shimeji Simulation) or with a style that's purposefully sketchy (Miss Bernard Said.), I'd say the manga with the second-worst art I've seen here is Children, especially in its first chapters: and would you believe it? That's 1,000 times better than this one! The faces are ugly and the style is generally very unpleasant, but you can see it was still made by someone who knows how to draw a manga. I could say "Man, I would rather read any other manga than this one", but at least I'd admit that the author has the required knowledge to do his job properly (even if I really don't like his style).

But this... this is just unacceptable. There's a clear line that separates a good manga style from plain amateurish material that you can find on deviantART, and this is just very obviously below that line. Just like there's a line between something that's so bad it's funny, and something that's so bad you start wondering why they even have that job at all. You can't look at something like this, and not feel angry about all the people who'd deserve a spot in this magazine much more than this guy—that is, everyone who knows how to hold a pencil in their hand and has drawn at least one manga in their life.

file

So far, the best I could do was having two one-shots published by a magazine called 宇宙人・巨女, but it's a Comiket fanzine so, while not exactly being something run by an otaku from his basement, it's certainly closer to being that than a legitimate magazine. So thank you a lot for the email address and the link to their Twitter profile, because I'm definitely going to send them something. If this guy could do it, why can't I?

Dex-chan lover
>tries to self insert into irreverent dark comedy
>gets mad
The absolute state of manga-readers thanks to isekai.

Dex-chan lover
Indeed, this manga is very entertaining like a fireworks dumpster being lit on fire.

@greatninja3 They could even be the first manga publishing company ever for all I care—they lose all respect they deserve the moment they publish shit like this. At this point I hope the author is the editor-in-chief's son or something like that, or else I just can't find an explanation as to why this thing would exist.

Dex-chan lover
@Labba idk maybe because it’s actually selling their almost at ch 100 though the story of the FMC is slowly getting revealed so maybe this will be done close to 200 at least 150 chapter with maybe 2 or more arcs in placed.

Btw they do have a US branch so if you want to talk to them do it in their cause they know english.

@greatninja3 But this is still irritating! This is not like Kanojo, Okarishimasu, where people jokingly mock the story but everyone recognizes the whole thing still works as a manga (although many agree the MC is just very unlikeable), and the art is actually beautiful despite a small decline in quality... no, this IS shit. Nobody since chapter 1 was uploaded has ever said otherwise, neither here nor anywhere else. The fact it's selling doesn't mean anything—it simply means that any other story would have sold as well, because this is absolutely terrible.

I'm not saying that I could draw better than this guy. I'm saying that I CAN draw better than him. I know it: like I said before, I got two one-shots published in a fanzine last year—but it was a "simple" Comiket magazine, and anyway, I had to go out of my way to contact the editor personally on Twitter and ask them if there was still room for more. And luckily there was. But then you get someone like this guy here who gets published by Kodansha on one of their magazines? And he gets eight volumes of his manga, a manga that couldn't look worse even if he tried? I've gone and cheked, and apparently even manga as famous as Attack on Titan are published by Kodansha too? Together with this guy?

How am I supposed not to get angry? What am I even drawing for? Why do I even get out of bed in the morning?

@Denrick19 Yeah, and like I said it quickly overstayed its welcome. This shit is at least 20 chapters beyond the point when it stopped being funny and it just became an insult to every manga artist in Japan or outside who's trying hard to get published or even just noticed, all while having a drawing and writing style that's much better than this trash here.

@cyand Truly meta stuff, I know.

Users who are viewing this thread