Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 19 Ch. 142 - Senpai!! Wait wait wait...

Dex-chan lover
Well, looks like my prediction on the match results were wrong but I don't mind.

Very wholesome chapter! I trust that the similar sight at the end to pre-serialization Nagatoro is for the sake of subversion.

Fed-Kun's army
I appreciated the fact that he went to talk again to Sunomiya before this moment

By the way, Orihara breaking into crying was a little surprising. Now I wonder, does she still cry when she loses matches, or is it some childhood trauma and she cries only when losing to Nagatoro?

Was hoping the bell would ring before the Ippon

Honestly I think the winners should have been reversed. It's way more interesting to have Paisen be the one who was victorious and Nagatoro the one who lost or at least both lose (if you want Paisen to have to push through and confess anyway) because it's unrealistic for Naga to beat an Olympic hopeful, even one playing on tilt, and it changes their dynamic if Paisen was the one to be in the position of 'power' for once in their relationship

I would have also preferred with nagatoro losing. Instead now, this way I was pretty sure Orihara was gonna cry. But she seems to have coped well with the loss. She said she didn't want to lose, but in the end she lost. For an olympic candidate, wouldn't that be pretty embarrassing? Especially since Nagatoro has friends, senpai, etc... I think in her place I would have been pissed. But that's just me, and Orihara isn't the protagonist, so... at least she cried a little

Dex-chan lover
Never gonna understand why some folks want to compare Komi-san (which really did go way off into the weeds and has a very-different plot) to this, which is being quickly concluded.

🤷‍♂️

I feel you, but be careful what you wish for. Would you really want to see this, or would you accept it?
That's not Nagatoro, he found Nisetoro from an alternate dimension. Nagatoro catches up to them just in time to see her kissing Paisen, and poor Paisen never has the chance to explain that a second after she saw it he pushed Nisetoro away because Nagatoro has already gone to a love hotel with someone.
What even happened to Komi? I was following it up until close to Ch. 400 and dropped it because of Tadano's previous crush being an absolute annoyance.

It felt like it had lost steam and became more games and meandering.

Dex-chan lover

Also nagatoro given of vibes

wp3602131.png

Fed-Kun's army
Not a huge fan of Nagatoro winning while senpai couldn't, but if that leads to him finding the courage to confess regardless of silly stipulations it woukd be still OK.
Of course, better be ready for nothing to happen. Or Nagatoro telling him she wants to take judo seriously and she doesn't have time for romance right now.
If anyone screws up this little talk it'll be Nao-kun. He might still be thinking about the stipulation that he has to take first place in the next (winter) art school exam (which I agree is stupid), and putting his confession off yet again, especially when Toro-chan pretty much suspects he wants to confess to her. That's just going to have the effect of pissing Nagatoro off royally. So I'm betting that this conversation they're about to have is going to go south, especially since Hachiouji has stuck his foot in his mouth several times before in this story. Besides, I can't see this manga ending after only 140-150 chapters, which is relatively short for these kinds of stories.

Last edited:
People are freaking out about the webcomic possibility. I’m still worried if Nanashi ever has a mental break that we’ll go full monkey baboon ntr. Gives me cold sweats just imagining the horror.

Dex-chan lover
What even happened to Komi? I was following it up until close to Ch. 400 and dropped it because of Tadano's previous crush being an absolute annoyance.

It felt like it had lost steam and became more games and meandering.
Your mileage may vary, but IMO the new characters the author keeps throwing into Komi-san… are mostly stupid jokes one-line gags, rather than anyone we could find interesting or care about. It feels like filler at the quality level of the Naruto or Bleach animes.

Mod, revoke his right of free speech
:devilish:

(For the record, I don't want to see it nor would I accept it as anything other than an Evangelion-esque trolling. It's just my evil way of saying "I can't see a fake-out ending any way other than badly".)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread