Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Seeing the whinging in these comments is rather annoying since I honestly don't think anyone gets what Nagatoro's behaviour actually means. I first read the offical volumes of this released here in the west and they have lil' bonus pages in the first volume basically proving that from the moment Nagatoro read Senpai's lil doujinshi she started crushing on him. Nagatoro is the classic example of a girl or anyone really not knowing how to properly express their affection when they feel said affection for the first time, combined with the fact she finds his faces and mannerisms adorable. Another layer to Nagatoro's behaviour around Senpai is that she picks up quickly that this will get help him grow thicker skin (which it does in later volumes since he starts snapping back at her pretty well) so in a twisted sense, the bullying helps him.

Also... this is a story and is just meant to be entertainment and it is perfectly understandable to be turned-off by Nagatoro's behaviour however it's a disservice to just paint her as a bully and nothing but a bully. She's a 15 year old girl experiencing romantic affection for the first time and this is the way she expresses it which isn't even unrealistic for some girls. ... oh and Nanashi started this because he has a fetish for being bullied by cute girls so either you're in this for that or because you just love Nagatoro (I'm the latter since if a woman started harassing me like this I'd be highly tempted to bend her over my lap and smack her arse).

One more thing before I end this since I get a feeling this accusation would be shot at me; I don't condone this kind of behaviour IRL. Too many parents will have their son or daughter come from school crying about being bullied and if they find it's the opposite sex bullying them they'll just d'aww and think it's cute because the bully likes their son or daughter. The way Nagatoro expresses her affection is real, however it is only cute in the context of a manga and it isn't cute when this shit deadass happens in the real world. Thanks for coming to my autistic Ted Talk.

Seeing the whinging in these comments is rather annoying since I honestly don't think anyone gets what Nagatoro's behaviour actually means. I first read the offical volumes of this released here in the west and they have lil' bonus pages in the first volume basically proving that from the moment Nagatoro read Senpai's lil doujinshi she started crushing on him. Nagatoro is the classic example of a girl or anyone really not knowing how to properly express their affection when they feel said affection for the first time, combined with the fact she finds his faces and mannerisms adorable. Another layer to Nagatoro's behaviour around Senpai is that she picks up quickly that this will get help him grow thicker skin (which it does in later volumes since he starts snapping back at her pretty well) so in a twisted sense, the bullying helps him.

Also... this is a story and is just meant to be entertainment and it is perfectly understandable to be turned-off by Nagatoro's behaviour however it's a disservice to just paint her as a bully and nothing but a bully. She's a 15 year old girl experiencing romantic affection for the first time and this is the way she expresses it which isn't even unrealistic for some girls. ... oh and Nanashi started this because he has a fetish for being bullied by cute girls so either you're in this for that or because you just love Nagatoro (I'm the latter since if a woman started harassing me like this I'd be highly tempted to bend her over my lap and smack her arse).

One more thing before I end this since I get a feeling this accusation would be shot at me; I don't condone this kind of behaviour IRL. Too many parents will have their son or daughter come from school crying about being bullied and if they find it's the opposite sex bullying them they'll just d'aww and think it's cute because the bully likes their son or daughter. The way Nagatoro expresses her affection is real, however it is only cute in the context of a manga and it isn't cute when this shit deadass happens in the real world. Thanks for coming to my autistic Ted Talk.
Exactly. And I definitely think that Naoto (Senpai) can sense that she's not actually really trying to be malicious towards him. Towards bullying in the past he just ignored them, but that was never the case with Nagatoro from the start.

Secondly, we see later on as well how he actually reacts when he's getting bullied for real, and you can see the difference. Nagatoro just sucks at flirting, and it doesn't help she's never actually interacted with boys on this level. I think the whole teasing thing is also a coping mechanism for embaressment as well too.

Funny thing is my mother used to recommend "just ignoring them" to deal with bullying when I was a kid.
Not that such advice ever meant much since it isn't something one can really just ignore. It was shit advice in pretty much every regard.

Others suggested mentioning it to teachers or whatever, but I refused to demean myself by going to them for help (plus I hated most of them).

My own way of "dealing" with bullies was kinda different. Possibly even insane, depending on your perspective. I mean I'd try to stealthily avoid them if they hadn't noticed me... but when they did target me I'd just... taunt them. Constantly. Even while they were kicking me on the floor I'd mock them for being too fucking stupid to express themselves in any other way, and reminding them of how their academic failings would probably ruin their lives... and how they might as well just kill themselves to save the time and trouble... etc.

Eventually it stopped. Which is to say I actually did get a reputation for being completely insane, and that was when even the bullies started leaving me alone. Might have been when I told one of them I'd track down where he lived and kill him in his sleep when he least expected it.

images

Dex-chan lover
Also... this is a story and is just meant to be entertainment and it is perfectly understandable to be turned-off by Nagatoro's behaviour however it's a disservice to just paint her as a bully and nothing but a bully. She's a 15 year old girl experiencing romantic affection for the first time and this is the way she expresses it which isn't even unrealistic for some girls. ...
The important thing to note here is that the world judges you based on your actions, not the intentions behind them. If you behave like a shitty bully, you are a shitty bully, no matter the real motivations behind that.
The reasons for behaving like a dweeb and failing to stand up to your bullies even a bit matter just as little.

Users who are viewing this thread