Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 4 Ch. 25 - Don't hold me back, Senpai~

Dex-chan lover
BAKoZyY.png

Fed-Kun's army
I do like the little bits of progression here. Nagatoro letting Senpai know that next time he should take some initiative and invite her on events like this (almost like a date ?). Even Nagatoro's friends (one of them now has a name apparently) seem to be acting more along the lines of nudging their friend and Senpai together. I also appreciate that Nagatoro and Senpai got to enjoy the festival by themselves at the end instead of the author taking the easy way out and having Nagatoro put the collar back on Senpai as a means of a cheap punchline and as tribute to the Gods of Status-Quo.

Good chapter.

Also, I have a question for everyone here; Since it seems that Nagatoro's friends appear to be low-key helping their friend and Senpai become a couple, do you all think that them joining in on Nagatoro applying Senpai with lotion with their feet in chapter 23 was less of them messing with Nagatoro and Senpai and more of them making sure Nagatoro snapped out of her bullying mode she was slipping into before they intervened?

Could have used a little more blood and screaming but a nice date is fine too.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, no one's mentioned this yet, but on the last panel, who said what? The invitation to continue going around the festival is on Senpai's side while the stuttered agreement is beside Nagatoro. Kind of a reversal of their personalities.

Whatcha all think? Did Senpai just catch Nagatoro off guard by immediately putting her suggestion about invites to work?

@KazumaLee94 I think that interpretation of the lotion incident would be more of a case of 20/20 hindsight or something. I think the author wants Nagatoro to still have a little sadistic streak in her even as she's obviously shifting in her feelings toward Senpai & becoming possessive.

Dex-chan lover
@Markgraf:[...] she's obviously shifting in her feelings toward Senpai & becoming possessive.
I have a different theory about this: She had feelings for her sempai from the start of the manga. Something(s) happened before the story began. Maybe something on her first high school day, in the summer vacation before it or even in their middle school days. Maybe she looked different back then and sempai can't recognise her. She always had that sadistic part within her, but now shows it openly, to hide her embarrassment when interacting with him. Both joy and camouflage in the same package. Either that or, as you have implied, she picked him because he is her type and she has a certain distaste for other types of boys. (We've seen so far she hates the actively flirting type of boys.)

Dex-chan lover
So now we know what happens when Paisen fights back, he gets tamed.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm. Since the friend trio seem to have mellowed out somewhat, I wonder what the next hurdle is gonna be.

Dex-chan lover
I love how this is such a backwards manga. The guy is the Tsundere, and he's the damsel in distress, the girl is the jerk (instead of the guy being the jerk in Shoujo manga) and basically the dude is like the male version of the plain protagonist of a typical shoujo series.

Love how they glossed over the fact that the dude is walking around a festival filled with people with a dog collar+leash on.

Dex-chan lover
Shes really understanding damn how the hell is this giant S the one with the most real reactions ever? She has this very real reactions that are a joy to watch like the swimsuit thing no bullshit knocking him out cuz her friends are big and bigger just also happy that hes also flustered with her beauty.

The gap between her outgoing, S, vibrant personality and her giry moments is perfect.

I hope next time he does invite her out, Nagatoro has been the advancing factor too much and it makes me mad shes just too nice now lol.

Also nice set up from the friends.

Aggregator gang
Classic Gamo/Nagatoro one-upmanship contest with Yosshi making a very "ah shit here we go again" face in the background (with Paisen as decoration and largely interchangeable with a large potted plant except inasmuch he's the prize).

The fact that both of them clearly LIKE these clashes explains an awful lot of how those two can fit their well-developed egos in the same social circle without undue friction.

Supporter
I think it's fair to assume that although Nagatoro's two lady friends are also jerkasses, they had already caught on long ago that she has a serious thing for Senpai. They know that, given his personality (and her personality), that this couple-to-be will not properly progress unless they intervene and help them along, in their own, twisted fashion. Whether or not they knew that Senpai would end up at the festival, alone and wandering around like a lost puppy is debatable, but either way, their sending Nagatoro a picture with him in their clutches was purposeful. Way to go, winggals!😜

One thing I'm curious about, is on page 12, the lower left panel, when Yoshi says "Go back to the mountain!", what is that in reference to?

Fed-Kun's army
@DevLogger I'd imagine as Japan has the if its flat we build philosophy of civilisation most of the wildlife comes from the mountains, so if you caught somthing you would release it back to the mountains. Telling it to go home effectively.
I'm making a educated guess mind you.

Supporter
@Jelly_Storm: That makes sense, and I think I recall something happening in Japan maybe a decade ago with a bear coming down from Mt. Fuji into a rural town, and getting caught by a shop owner, who attempted to use it as an attraction; it didn't go well, I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread