Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san

Double-page supporter
I feel this series has lost its original appeal. Love or hate the bullying stuff, at least it was unique. It quickly devolved into a completely generic and very boring tsundere romcom, and we've already got billions of those. No plot progression, no real character development, no interesting new ideas. The author adapted the original very short work it was based on about a bullying kouhai, but had no idea where to go from there so just made a generic romance.

Double-page supporter
yeah, the bullying aspect is all gone. It's still an alright romcom, though. It's just you can't expect that premise to go on forever. Isn't it dark, for a woman to only love a man because he's lesser than her? If he ever improves, he'll be shot down and destroyed.

Dex-chan lover
Well, this art president character was...so-so until the end of culture festival arc. Then the things got stupid. Starting from extras to vol. 6 it's just mindless and senseless fanservice. It's just dumb. Authour starts to drag. Bruh

@whoamiagain
i mean as long as a girl won't say to the mc to lick her legs or physically abuse him and do just a reality check on his sad life i am kinda down for it even if i feel very attacked
probably one of my favourite jokes was the ntr one which didn't make it here

@me474 Dude, that was just fucked up. The stuff she did before that was fucked up too, but the whole ntr "joke" was beyond fucked up. I couldn't even find that remotely funny. There are some things you just don't joke about, especially to someone who already has issues with their self-esteem and confidence. Even senpai was basically done at that point and almost didn't forgive her (and she panicked pretty bad when it seemed like he wasn't going to). Original Nagatoro was lucky she was forgiven.

@Ponkotsu89 Pretty much everything in this is fucked up if applied to a real life scenario, lol. It's a manga, read it for what it is - not reality. I'd not be able to enjoy most mangas if I tried to apply any scenarios, personalities, characters or thought-processes into real life. It's not cute, it's not funny, it's not attractive - it's annoying and f***ed up, but it can be cute in a manga. If those lines are blurry then you need help (not saying you specifically! Just anyone!)

@Lucideus I'm well aware it's just fiction, lol. I'm not taking it as seriously as you may think I am. When I think something's fucked up I'll say it's fucked up, real life or fiction. That's all.

@Ponkotsu89
i mean nagatoro isn't supposed to be loved you are just supposed to react by saying "wow that was fucked up but also relatable "
rather than a true love interest she is more of reality check kinda like Life from" blue chair" if you read it
blue-chair-esteem-life-web-toon-why-life-7707486.png
it kinda add spice to the manga from being generic rom-com
and at least she is better than louise (anime )

This a very charming comedy-romance manga, that I think anyone into romance series should read. It'll make you laugh, make you smile, and make you feel like you're really there. All the little things that the writer(s) do to convey slow yet steady progression into a relationship, that shows Nagataro actually cares for him, is amazing, and something not many can do.

For what this manga is, it's an 8/10 from me, but overall compared to other manga i've read I give it a 6/10, but that shouldn't devalue it. I had tons of fun reading this series and will continue down that path, as with every chapter its getting better and better! This isn't just some perverted ecchi manga, its a unique love story.

Double-page supporter
How accurate are the omake chapters listed here? I ask 'cause what Kodansha/Vertical is releasing isn't matching up at all.

@Ae_evo Thank for the review. That's all I wanted to know. I honestly hate it when theres no one in the manga but them. I think it's very shallow,boring. Not to mention it hurts my head trying to get into it but cant cause of the empty world....
Another perfect example of overrated mangas. This should be around 6/10...

Users who are viewing this thread