Ikinokore! Shachiku-chan

I always wanted to be a programmer, but have never wanted a programming job. Just want to replace myself silently in a company.

God, when I see people mindlessly scrolling through 3 different excel sheets, copy/pasting data from one to the other, and punching buttons on a calculator for some 3000 rows between all the sheets. I can't help but to wish I had their job. Seriously, how has she not been replaced? Even without a DB, they could replace her with a VBScript or excel function.

Have also been looking into robotics, but fear that someone might bump into me and notice I am suddenly made of plastic/metal. Which is why most non-remote jobs have been ruled out. Computer jobs I can still look busy for. Just program it to do the work at human pace, and have a motion sensor pause it whenever someone comes nearby.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to search for those types of jobs, and don't have the qualifications to take over my friend's job (though I replaced a good deal of their workload already).

Aggregator gang
why do i fucking relate to this,life is too hard

If you work 16 hour days without complaining, then that will become what is expected of you. Work overtime ONLY if you are getting paid, preferably time and a half, or else you get time off in exchange.

Kinda curious if this company's tech stack is representative of Japanese companies because it seems pretty old to me: C, php, plain HTML/CSS/Javascript?

Also, this reminds me of New Game!, albeit with a worse corporate environment and the appearance of male employees.

@ReMaIN: from what I've read, Japanese IT is years (as in, up to a decade) behind the West in terms of software. Cultural inertia, or something.

Dex-chan lover
Okay, I'll be the first to ask, but what the fuck is up with their boobs?

Contributor
This series deserves the horror, tragedy and survival tags but it probably doesn't quite qualify for the poor office drones...
Maybe they can be "isekaied" to a better less black place.
https://mangadex.org/title/31864/shachiku-ga-isekai-ni-tobasareta-to-omottara-white-kigyou-datta

Dex-chan lover
At a time when talk about unionizing in the IT industry and the many health detriments of crunch time are more relevant than ever, this feels more tragic and mocking than comedic.

The way unpaid overtime is normalized is both cringeworthy and rage-inducing.

@StevenK5613 Individually, there are many talented and brilliant developers, Ruby was developed by a japanese programmer.
Corporate culture however is an entirely different thing. I wouldn't be surprised, to find actual real-life companies still using COBOL.

Dex-chan lover
Dark dark comedy, why hast thou gone on absence from us the readers?

Wata's been busy translating other stuff and probably won't be picking this back up again. I'm still interested in working on this though. Drop me a line if you're keen on translating.

This manga was so good its a shame that no one is translating it anymore,I hope someone can continue doing this.

Users who are viewing this thread