Ikitsuku Saki wa Yuusha ka Maou ka - Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
they should add this feature in games, the only time haggling can be done is in ragnarok online, when haggling with players

Double-page supporter
they should add this feature in games, the only time haggling can be done is in ragnarok online, when haggling with players
in some games there is haggling, pretty basic since normally it's just a "intimidation/charisma/reputation" check but is there

ps: i don't really think that you can do a real haggling in a game since irl it's basically a "personality/speech" check and those skills can't be really put in algorithm

Dex-chan lover
Shopkeeper taking No more s*** He straight up asked for the price he wanted to sell it for

Dex-chan lover
in some games there is haggling, pretty basic since normally it's just a "intimidation/charisma/reputation" check but is there

ps: i don't really think that you can do a real haggling in a game since irl it's basically a "personality/speech" check and those skills can't be really put in algorithm
genshin did it now that i think about it, they made it by having a number of tries, its not as good but better than nothing
also what games did you have in mind had it?

Dex-chan lover
"Just say the price you want from the start!"

Kinda funny that the blacksmith sounds like he's accusing Loki of being indirect in his bargaining, but he asked for 80k at the start and they eventually settled on 72k. I feel like he pretty much did ask for the price he wanted at the start.

Double-page supporter
genshin did it now that i think about it, they made it by having a number of tries, its not as good but better than nothing
also what games did you have in mind had it?
most games with heavy rpg mechanics like "pillars of eternity", "morrowind" or games with a apocalyptic setting, but there the haggling is more a barter, for lowering the prize you offer item togher to the coins, the bethesda games have instead a "passive" haggling, where the haggling is linked to your "speech" skilltree (the higher is your speech stat the more your pg is good at talking/haggling, making the prices lower or convincing more easily people) or you have perks who low the price of things (this perks are normally named haggling)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread