Ikitsuku Saki wa Yuusha ka Maou ka - Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
Well that was interesting, at least he has now a number he can split in 4

Dex-chan lover
in some games there is haggling, pretty basic since normally it's just a "intimidation/charisma/reputation" check but is there

ps: i don't really think that you can do a real haggling in a game since irl it's basically a "personality/speech" check and those skills can't be really put in algorithm
Elder scrollls 3: Morrowind has a haggling sys

Dex-chan lover
Shopkeeper taking No more s*** He straight up asked for the price he wanted to sell it for

Hehehe, not so much "Taking no more shit" as "Ohgod, please don't, I can already tell you're gonna make me want antacids that don't exist in this world!"

Honestly, I love protags that do that. I maybe shouldn't. But I do. :meguusmug:

Dex-chan lover
Another series with pseudo-yen. That is, an utterly worthless currency that makes little sense in an undeveloped world (from a modern perspective). The world doesn't have industrially produced paper, but apparently it has fiat currency. Is the author going to explain how the pre-industrial society produces metal so cheaply that the coins are, material-wise, worthless enough for the astronomical denominations? How is the society and the financial system so stable the currency holds it (fiat) value? Although apparently it didn't hold its value since the "beeke" is so worthless. Yet people still rather keep wanting the worthless money, not the metal the coins are made of. I mean, those swords seem pretty valuable, so metal carries a price. How many "beeke" does a coin need to be to be more valuable than the metal its made of? Consequently, what is the smallest demonination? Could one hoard them for the metal, smelt them, and make metal objects that go for more than the coins supposedly were worth based on their "beeke" value?

Of course the author isn't going to explain any of this because this is just another trash isekai.

Dex-chan lover
Amanda looks like a western game female character, i. e., looks like a man.
i think they're meant to be a drag queen? tho joke charas aside idk if she'd be an important plot point. be interesting if it was described the same in whatever webnovel it's based on too

Dex-chan lover
Amanda looks like a western game female character, i. e., looks like a man.
I was thinking (and wondering) that exact same thing. I was trying to determine if she actually was a she or a he. I mean it's not an unusual thing in an isekai to have a male character dressing as a female, although usually it's done in a more obvious and flashy manner.

Users who are viewing this thread