Ikoku Nikki - Vol. 11 Ch. 54 - page.54

Dex-chan lover
I'll be honest, I didn't expect to see "END" in my updates at all, the ending itself was fine, but I kinda feel disappointed that we didn't get to see Makio's romantic relationship get more development, guess they'll just remain friends with benefits? Good manga though.

Dex-chan lover
Beautiful ending. I've had the feeling all along that I was missing something through translation, but this chapter was reassuringly straightforward in its emotions and message. Some very real parental feelings here; I can relate very strongly as a father.

Man, I also didn't want it to end. Loved this manga more than Sankaku Mado, I'm gonna miss it.
Thank you for scanlating it to the end, Hi Wa Mata Noboru.

Dex-chan lover
great manga. If i had to have any criticism, it would be that the author-aunt felt a bit as an idealised self insert of the author at some points in the story, but that's a nitpick, countered by her being a mess in other parts. And the ending. Finally, I would score it somewhere between 8.5 and 10/10

Dex-chan lover
The story is very beautiful and I swear to God the first time I read this, it was in Yuri tag

Dex-chan lover
I'm a mess right now, not just once but twice I'm crying... oh wow, after the first punch I went outside my room, made lunch and come back and still got me so hard with the poem, this poem, man... My God, this manga could be exactly that, the thing I come back to from time to time, the nails in my boat, my strength, the sturdy planks that keep me afloat.

This is the best manga I've read, thank you very much

Like everyone else, I wish it'd gone for another 10 chapters to resolve the subplots and side character stuff, but the ending was still so beautiful. Thanks to the scans team for their hard work on this, the poem was fantastic.

Also, considering how some of her other manga ended, I'm thrilled it wasn't more open-ended and depressing 😅

Dex-chan lover
Great story, thank you very much for translation.

Dex-chan lover
Wha? It ended? So many openended relationships. I kinda hate it now. I guess the author didn't had an idea for how to end them all.
In my opinion, you are missing the point.
This was actually a lot more resolution-y than I was expecting.
For the most part, this was not about people getting to particular places in particular little bits of plot, tie them up in bows and say their story is done. It's about people living life in all its glorious messiness, and their relationships are just keeping on. And if there were a bunch more chapters it would have stayed that way--there was never going to be a place where everyone was at tidy resolution points.

The one major resolution we had was about aunt and niece, but even that wasn't about their relationship changing, hitting some milestone or something, so much as it was about them figuring out things about how to process it and communicate it to each other. But that's really important--if you don't know what you have, do you really have it?

Anyway it was beautiful and brought a tear to this old man's eye.

Users who are viewing this thread