Ikoku Nikki - Vol. 11 Ch. 54 - page.54

Dex-chan lover
I verbally exclaimed "What the fuck?" when I saw that END hanging over the chapter.

Still, it was a good ending to an amazing series. It is definitely one of my favorites
I'll have to reread it at some point so I can get the full force of it because I think giving space between each chapter blunts its force. 9/10
UGUUU I DIDN'T WANT IT TO END!!!

Reactions: Ekn
This is without a doubt one of, if not, the best manga i have ever read.
Every character so feel written and so heartfelt, the pacing was awesome, i wish it didnt have to end, buti know it must.
10/10
I will reread on and on.

Dex-chan lover
The fact that this was the last chapter took me by surprise. But I guess it wasn't really the last.

Dex-chan lover
It was tagged yuri - and I guess is kind of bc of Asa's friend.
If I remember correctly, at first it was suggested or tagged that way from just assumptions, then it was removed considering the original website didn't have such tag, also a veeeeery similar work that was actually yuri came out close to the same time creating more false assumptions.
Then later on, people were saying that it should have the tag because of Asa's friend and there was discussion about it but ultimately, I don't think it should have tags for all the people involved in this story because is about Asa and Makio and everyone else is living their own life.

Dex-chan lover
So so sad it ended, but so glad I was able to read this masterpiece. thank you to the author and translator for bringing us this series!

Dex-chan lover
This ending caught me by surprise... I wasn't expecting it to end this soon, and I do wish we couldve gotten more...

But honestly this is such a beautiful way to finish the story that I can't really be mad. Leaving so many things open ended I think fits really well with the themes, and for Makio to finally admit she loves Asa? In public right now so I cant ball like a baby but believe I am feeling all the emotions. Been reading this since the first chapter was ever translated, & I'm very glad this was something that got to be a part of my life

Fed-Kun's army
This manga is one of the reason I was sad when Mangadex lost the comments section. I always read and enjoy the comments here.

I can't wait to reread this, it was such a nice surprise, the characters, the incredible writing... Looking forward to the mangaka's upcoming projects. (here's hoping they adapt it to anime too after the live action is out)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Fuck I didn't want this to end... Absolutely beautiful all the way through, something about its style and pacing and characters and writing and everything all pulled me in so well and just ugh it's so good. I love every piece of it. I can think of few others that deserve a 10/10 rating as much as Ikoku Nikki does. Also I don't think there's gonna be a character that looks more like me than Emiri so rip for that as well.

Double-page supporter
thats crazy that its over. ive cried so many times throughout the duration of this manga. this was a great ending - i didnt expect the timeskip last scene at all. i think it feels resolved, even if some ppl might disagree. i loved this.

Dex-chan lover
Me: New chapter! :D
Also me: [End] 😭

I really love the titles that are about more than high school lovers or harems or scary monsters. It's pretty rare to see something with as much literary depth as this, and I'll miss it.

I really enjoyed it. I really like it ended with the main protagonist accepting or whatever. But I think it felt open ended in every other aspect. It's great but I think the series used a lot of time in things I didn't really care about.

Dex-chan lover
You got to love how Asa learned how to cut through the crap. After all that venting her aunt did, without just saying I love you and want you to live with me longer, but she still couldn't use the the L word. Looks like Asa followed in her footsteps as a writer. Would have loved her to be a Singer/Songwriter. I also wanted to see what she looked like as an adult. It also seemed like she was somewhat famous because the video of her signing on the concourse was online. Thanks for the lovely mindscape to play around in. Loved this series.

Dex-chan lover
I was here.

This manga fucking broke me a few times honestly. I need more humans being humans in their raw and messiness form.

If anyone has any other manga reco’s like this one,,, please supply me 🤲🏼

Dex-chan lover
page 53 hit so hard i think i was shattered and put back together wrong
it ended so beautifully it feels like saying goodbye to a long time friend

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread