Ikoku Nikki - Vol. 5 Ch. 25 - page.25

Fed-Kun's army
Its chapter 25... When the reality finally hit her. I really appreciate the process, its so real.

i'm bawling my eyes out. i'm so sad asa's hurting so much, but also really glad that she's finally come to terms with her parent's death and is able to fully grasp the extent of what happened. you can tell that makio really cares about asa, and definitely loves her in her own way. when she said about her feelings resonated with me so much.

Fed-Kun's army
This made me shed a tear.

You could feel Asa's anger and despair building up the entire chapter...and then she just lets it out...her parents are gone and are never coming back. It took 25 chapters and it finally hit her. Oof.

This author is amazing. Wow.

Dex-chan lover
It's okay to cry, Asa... In fact, I think we're all going to cry now and that's okay
I think Asa was trying to hurt people just to get an argument and have someone or something to hate, someone to take the blame even if it is irrationally... Because she needed to scream and get those ugly emotions out of her system somehow but Makio knew that, she wouldn't let her get away with something that would hurt her friends and herself.

Man...... I wish I could read one of those books.

I also wish that a character from another manga could read this and heal herself but that's off topic so I'll keep it to myself

Dex-chan lover
If this ever gets licensed, I'm gonna buy every damn volume.

Group Leader
Props to the translators for doing this series. It's gotta be a lot of work to get the ideas, the words, the gaps between the words translated so clearly.

Fed-Kun's army
god damn this hits you like a freight train after 25 chapters of asa being in semi denial

Double-page supporter
I wonder, actually, if the Dragon Users' excerpt Asa read was Makio's own way of coping/sublimating her grief at the death of her father (which, I realize, would be Asa's grandfather)? Which would be ironic, since Makio stated in Chapter 24 that she felt nothing for the death of her father.

I wonder also if the Dragon Users series is a companion series to the Magic Users, or if it is it's own individual, self-contained series?

Users who are viewing this thread