Iljin Romance - Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
F644EmN.png

Thanks for the chapters!

Dex-chan lover
Dude is too high on his own supply. My hopes for this arc did a complete 180 so quick. I did want her to give him the benefit of the doubt since what she seen was so out of character for him, but now all I want is him to come off it and be reminded who he actually is

Dex-chan lover
It's actually nice to see that the loser character is still in fact a loser and didn't literally change overnight just because of the situation he's in. Thankfully for him she actually likes losers but he doesn't know that.

Dex-chan lover
What is this? Why am I here? In what world is it acceptable to act like that because you think someone likes you?

Honestly, what the hell does she see in him? Nothing we've seen about his character makes him worth pursuing. Does she just like his art? Because the boy is trash. So far the only character I don't hate is iljin herself, and that's really only because we know nothing about her that isn't filtered through this walking jizz stain.

I'm probably going to end up dropping this. Trash fire romances can be fun, but like. I hate this boy. I do not want him to succeed, I want him to be dropped like the rancid potato he is.

Dex-chan lover
What is this? Why am I here? In what world is it acceptable to act like that because you think someone likes you?
The narrative is obviously not suggesting that his behavior or its underlying rationales were acceptable-- his delusion is obvious, and he gets humbled pretty immediately.

You almost certainly don't complain about characters committing murder, talking about some "in what world is it acceptable to end someone's life for no reason?".

I get being terminally fed up with a character, and I'm not blaming you for deciding to drop the work, but at least contend with the way the character is deliberately portrayed by the narrative.

So far the only character I don't hate is iljin herself, and that's really only because we know nothing about her that isn't filtered through this walking jizz stain.
She blackmailed him with social ruination into their current relationship, which she casts as "fake" and "in order to chase away other boys". She keeps calling him "Loser" because she misunderstood his name, and never bothered to question why someone would actually be named "Loser". These aren't things filtered through the protagonist's perspective.

Clearly, neither of them have any respect for each other.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The narrative is obviously not suggesting that his behavior or its underlying rationales were acceptable-- his delusion is obvious, and he gets humbled pretty immediately.

You almost certainly don't complain about characters committing murder, talking about some "in what world is it acceptable to end someone's life for no reason?".

I get being terminally fed up with a character, and I'm not blaming you for deciding to drop the work, but at least contend with the way the character is deliberately portrayed by the narrative.

She blackmailed him with social ruination into their current relationship, which she casts as "fake" and "in order to chase away other boys". She keeps calling him "Loser" because she misunderstood his name, and never bothered to question why someone would actually be named "Loser". These aren't things filtered through the protagonist's perspective.

Well, he did this to himself, so I don't blame her for how she talks to him

I mean shit, this ch pretty much proved that when all he could've done was tell her the truth

Dex-chan lover
Well, he did this to himself
...he did the blackmail to himself?

Does anybody even remember how he was agonizing over how he didn't like getting strongarmed into this "fake" relationship? He hardly likes her, if only at this point-- and that affection is probably just sexual infatuation. He's gotten harassed and given dirty looks on multiple occasions over a circumstance he doesn't even want to be in (which is part of the reason he doesn't want to be in it).

"I don't blame her for how she talks to him" She is the only one who wants this farcical relationship (until the point the protagonist saw he could exploit an ostensibly superior position) and the only person who doesn't suffer from it. She is choosing to talk to him like this in a circumstance she chose to engineer and maintain, when she could have just ruined the guy's social life or told him off from the start.

This story just took a huge fucking dive. No world where this girl doesn't just tell him to go fuck himself and dump him.
He'd probably appreciate that, considering that this fake relationship wasn't his idea and he was blackmailed into it by her.

It's sensible to be fed up with the protagonist, but some of the overall reactions have been nothing but "halo effect" combined with forgetting most of the narrative up to this point.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
It's sensible to be fed up with the protagonist, but some of the overall reactions have been nothing but "halo effect" combined with forgetting most of the narrative up to this point.
Yeah this shit is weird. People acting like they just started reading this chapter and or forgetting the whole part that it's fictional and just started. This is like reading Dangers in our heart and wondering why the protag was so edgy in the beginning when yeah that's the point. But I guess he's not an edgy loser in the "right" way?

Dex-chan lover

...he did the blackmail to himself?

Does anybody even remember how he was agonizing over how he didn't like getting strongarmed into this "fake" relationship? He hardly likes her, if only at this point-- and that affection is probably just sexual infatuation. He's gotten harassed and given dirty looks on multiple occasions over a circumstance he doesn't even want to be in (which is part of the reason he doesn't want to be in it).

"I don't blame her for how she talks to him" She is the only one who wants this farcical relationship (until the point the protagonist saw he could exploit an ostensibly superior position) and the only person who doesn't suffer from it. She is choosing to talk to him like this in a circumstance she chose to engineer and maintain, when she could have just ruined the guy's social life or told him off from the start.

He'd probably appreciate that, considering that this fake relationship wasn't his idea and he was blackmailed into it by her.

I mean, you're right. I had completely forgotten about that. I guess I wrote it off as standard romcom tsundere-ism? I swear there have been similar starts to relationships in better stories.

My problem with his behavior is that we're 13 chapters in and have yet to see anything resembling a redeeming quality. Someone else mentioned dangers of my heart, which I haven't read, but from what I know the protag boy is something like "oh, you shouldn't get close to me, it's dangerous, I might hurt you", correct? Which, edgy delusions aside, indicates a kindness and care for others. This boy has just been... mean? Like earlier with the drawings, the mindset was explicitly "i'm too weak to do anything to you in reality, so i'll objectify you as a drawing I can do with as I please", which, once he thought he had even a modicum of authority, he attempted to do in reality. It's less that the comic is portraying his behavior as reasonable, and more that the reason I read romance stories is I want to see people i've been given a reason to care about form relationships with each other. I have been given no reason to care about this boy, unless I were to identify with him personally, as a self insert. I emphatically do not. I can't see this changing any time soon, so unless it takes one hell of a turn, there's really nothing for me here.

Dex-chan lover

Honestly, what the hell does she see in him? Nothing we've seen about his character makes him worth pursuing. Does she just like his art? Because the boy is trash. So far the only character I don't hate is iljin herself, and that's really only because we know nothing about her that isn't filtered through this walking jizz stain.

I'm probably going to end up dropping this. Trash fire romances can be fun, but like. I hate this boy. I do not want him to succeed, I want him to be dropped like the rancid potato he is.
this is a dude who creepily draw someone without their consent. from the very beginning my view on him are already on negative and now its goes even further down lol

Dex-chan lover
Jesus... MC is so high on the supply.... The US just sent an F-22 to shoot him down, mistaking him for a Chinese spy balloon.

Dex-chan lover
We need kamijou touma for these illusions bro
This is pretty insane tho the real mystery is why did he believe out of nowhere he had superpowers after after an idiot said off the wall shit like hypnosis app
Like what kinda plot development was that author?

Users who are viewing this thread