I’m an Ex-class Hunter

Dex-chan lover
Read up to chapter 15 before dropping.

Story started out the usual way but more interesting in the fact more races were involved on our earth...now there is only humans fighting back.

The usual everyone dies causing the MC to awaken...which then stats are introduced and the god damn author couldn't even bother to look up video game stats and how they work... Cause apparently all you need to do is increase mana and mana only to be OP as fucking hell in this world.

And his skills have nothing to do with mana...nothing. it's legit a necromancer type skill where he gains more stat points from killing herticis aka hunters who commit evil acts.

And the way the world works is you either get one skill to 4 skills..MC has the one and it doesn't even come with any attached skills or spells...yet he only raises mana...and what made me almost drop this instantly was the fact he got a bunch of material to craft a pill... that increases his agility by 1...JUST FUCKING 1 a day...why waste time collecting materials to craft something that only gives you 1 when you could legit just dump all the stats you have gained into the other stats....oh and he doesn't even use mana to fuse the material...the only people who need mana is the FMC who uses electricity skills...or the first big bad he fights who uses flame skills that are ranged or AoE...those two need mana.

And if you are still reading this...he raises mana only..yet fights with swords...and even beats people who have skills in close combat and higher stats for close range...why.. cause mana..that's why

Aggregator gang
While this story recycles a lot of common tropes, I disagree with the other comments on the 'game balance' issue. For starters, we don't (yet) have any reason to believe all stats are balanced. Who would balance them and for what reason? But if the MC's build is of a magic swordsman, there's plenty of precedence for using mana/ki/Force power to accomplish physical feats. It makes perfect sense then that the pills he makes would supplement his physical stats so they aren't pure base stats. Though I do expect there to be limits on how much 'doping' can accomplish before it requires higher and higher tiers of materials.

It's a little cheap to just go the route that if someone refines their mana, then it becomes the most broken OP stat but it serves its purpose in setting up the MC to be OP which is what nearly every story in this genre does. In the same vein, the 'heretic executioner' skill is more or less what we expect from any story with a skill-stealer present.
My main question is more if the author can provide the appropriate scenarios to make those OP abilities worth watching. In the early phase, it's working out alright as there are still enough big fish out there and we are seeing glimpses of the first life to progress the plot.

I'm not saying it's some sort of top tier epic but it's far from being the worst 'dungeon hunter' manga out there. It's a little weird to me that so many of these feel the need to incorporate the reincarnation tropes but so far I think this one is doing its due diligence to make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread