I'm Becoming a Master of the Imperial Palace! - Vol. 1 Ch. 135

Lol it's his own fault for being a mysterious emperor and parading around with a different identity 😂

✴️I don't like the plot device that is her mom. She was absent since the start and suddenly she's here and what's more she's one of the wealthiest people? Does that matter? Plus the emperor why is he taking so long to contact her family. He already asked her to marry him and got an affirmative. What's stopping him? The bride's father? Shouldn't he go talk to him and tell him of their love.. story feels like it's milking the plot now. ✴️

Dex-chan lover
damn, just looked at the raws, it's almost the end, and the last chap is... noice 😏

super beautiful drawing as well 😁

Fed-Kun's army
Hahahaha.. that lady messed with the wrong girl.. thank you so much!

Rolfmao. He just went and told her they’re doing some sort of “play” here and there🙈😂

Lol can't wait to see how the meeting with mother in law goes 😂
Thank you for the quick releases guys!

Dex-chan lover
Wait, did yiyi's mother not take her father's name? I mean, she remained as a song?

@kiero13 im not sure if she take it or not but i guess since she was a song, her identity as a song still remains plus she's working hard at the business so I think she owns up to the name regardless.

So that's where Wei Yiyi got her attitude from...
Like mother, like daughter, lol.

@kiero13 and @hananoyuuki In most asian cultures the woman does not take the man's family name. However, any children would get the father's name since they would be considered his. In certain cases though, men took the names of their wife's family if they were of a lower status and/or her family needed a male heir.

Dex-chan lover
@AzureTortoise didn't know that. I was sure that in traditional asian families/culture, wives will take their husband's name. It's the reason why having a male child is important to continue their "legacy" while having a female child is to have them marry into other powerful families for payment and connections. Only now that's been pretty "liberated", that asian women can choose not to, but will still receive discrimination from still traditional ones. So I was pretty confused on that part, but yeah this manhua isn't really sticking on the norms from that era.

Double-page supporter
@KitBee Her father doesn't want them to get married. If he forced her to marry him then it would be disrespect to her family and he would be seen as tyrant. It is Asian culture, if our parents opposed of the marriage then we would listen to them. No one wants to be disowned by their parents. Impiety toward your parents is one of the worst sin.

@kiero13 Nah. You have a misconception. What you said is completely wrong. There is no discrimination about not taking husband's surname. My mother, grandmother, greatgrandmother all keep their family name. In most Asian countries, wives aren't required to take the husband's surname. It has been that way for thousands of years. Taking husband's surname is actually a Western thing, not Asian and it is quite a modern thing. It came from 19th century England. Currently, Japan is the only country with the law required wives to take husband's surnames.
The reason having a male child is important is because children automatically take the father's surname and it is also the same in the West. Throughout Asian history, there have been a lot of cases where the children chose to inherit the mother's surname or cases where the husband married in the wife's family and took on the wife's surname.

Users who are viewing this thread