I'm Destined for Greatness! - Ch. 9

I think this is exactly Leviatan's translation, but Leviatan put it all up and took it back down so y'know what fuck 'em

@Patware I'm friends with their staff and heard they had to drop the series due to legal action, so I decided to continue after asking them for help with the fonts and whatnot.

@Patware Yeah, fuck Leviatan instead of JB who was threatening them with lawsuits so they could snipe the series.

quick edit: go to reddit, actually laid out info there.

@Patware Nah, they actually were https://www.reddit.com/r/manga/comments/eonpoi/sl_someone_from_jb_threatened_leviatan_scans_to/
One of their staff got butthurt a lot of stuff about JB were recently exposed and he worked for a publisher of novels and he was threatening to repeatedly ask kakao to take action.

in conclusion: lmao jb continues to just fucking wild out in these, their twilight years

@patware I don't know the details behind this exactly, but theoretically if a group wanted to take another down legally, it wouldn't be a civil suit (scanlation group v scanlation group), it would make much more sense for it to be a legal suit (scanlation group 1 informs relevant authority about scanlation group 2's identity and an outline of the laws broken, relevant authority prosecutes scanlation group 2).

Then there's the slightly meta lawsuit strategy of the one with more money drowning the other in legal action, even if they won't win in court they may be willing to go if it destroys the other financially.

Idk, i don't really like speculating on this stuff because of just how nuanced situations like this can get, I think it's good enough to stick to the facts as presented (someone in JB threatened legal action, Leviatan dropped the series because of it).

Dex-chan lover
If the auntie's daughter never goes out, how is she so tanned?

Double-page supporter
Seing my countryman Nusret Gökçe as Salt Bae everywhere feels weird man lol

Man.. when he said rabbit genocide, he really meant genocide. like how many did he have to kill to get that many rabbit feet to get his luck stat THAT high?? holy crap.

Users who are viewing this thread