I'm Gonna Live with You Not Because My Parents Left Me Their Debt But Because I Like You - Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
God, I love this series. It makes me feel so warm and fuzzy inside, and the art is so nice. Plus Kaede is an S-tier best girl.

Dex-chan lover
But a fever doesn't make it hard to speak? And "burning up" at 38.7°...

She's right. It's just a little fever. It's low enough that bed rest isn't necessary (although it helps).

Nurse is weird. If she doesn't have a boyfriend, it's probably because of something she does or doesn't do. Or because she's bipolar.

So she should've rested at home instead of resting at school, before she walks home? That just means she has to walk after resting less.

As usual in manga, cold enough that they have to wear mittens, but still wears a short skirt and nothing on her legs.

Walking with your hand in someone's pocket is just as noticeable as holding hands.

Dex-chan lover
Your TS sucks salty monkey balls.
It's Hito-tsuba, not Hitot-suba.
Hito-tsuba
... so... "man spit" :lol:

to be fair, although the hitotsu in Hitotsu-ba is spelled "hi-to-tsu" (ひとつ)
when you pronounce it, it kinda felt more like "hi-tot-su"

Dex-chan lover
Nor often I see cred it pages, but I saw this one, and man was I surprised to find out that this tl group actually owns the series in that list. Are the mangakas part of your staff, or did you just purchase the japanese (and english and all other languages, I guess) commercial/publishing rights for them?

Dex-chan lover
But a fever doesn't make it hard to speak? And "burning up" at 38.7°...

She's right. It's just a little fever. It's low enough that bed rest isn't necessary (although it helps).

Nurse is weird. If she doesn't have a boyfriend, it's probably because of something she does or doesn't do. Or because she's bipolar.

So she should've rested at home instead of resting at school, before she walks home? That just means she has to walk after resting less.

As usual in manga, cold enough that they have to wear mittens, but still wears a short skirt and nothing on her legs.

Walking with your hand in someone's pocket is just as noticeable as holding hands.
not a manga thing, I think they do this in real life too.

MD@Home
Hito-tsuba
... so... "man spit" :lol:

to be fair, although the hitotsu in Hitotsu-ba is spelled "hi-to-tsu" (ひとつ)
when you pronounce it, it kinda felt more like "hi-tot-su"
Yeah, well, but "it kinda felt like" is not how this works. Japanese being Japanese, what we transliterate into multi-letter romaji is literally atomic there. When you split tsu into t and su, you're making up graphemes, smallest possible, individually meaningful elements (in writing, and consequently phonemes in speaking), that simply do not exist like that in Japanese. It would be like trying to split the (Latin) letter a (at the beginning of a word) into its glottal stop and the voiced sound itself (in regular prose or speech, not in IPA reproduction), or if you tried to purposefully assign the closing (stop) and the opening (plosive) of the letter k a different symbol each when they are functionally inseparable.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Yeah, well, but "it kinda felt like" is not how this works. Japanese being Japanese, what we transliterate into multi-letter romaji is literally atomic there. When you split tsu into t and su, you're making up graphemes, smallest possible, individually meaningful elements (in writing, and consequently phonemes in speaking), that simply do not exist like that in Japanese. It would be like trying to split the (Latin) letter a (at the beginning of a word) into its glottal stop and the voiced sound itself (in regular prose or speech, not in IPA reproduction), or if you tried to purposefully assign the closing (stop) and the opening (plosive) of the letter k a different symbol each when they are functionally inseparable.
I don't know, I'm not a linguist
if it were me, I would try not to hyphen it at all, or hyphen it based on the kanji, so it is "hitotsu-ba"

that being said, from my understanding, there is no hard rule about how Japanese romaji officially stated
I just think like in this discussion that hyphenated word should ensures its correct pronunciation
that's why I said that when you think about how to pronounce "hitotsu", the natural sound is "hitot-su" or "hitot-tsu"

or maybe the translator just using some automatic hyphenation algorithm in their word processor or something
because some techniques produce such results

Users who are viewing this thread