I'm in Love with the Villainess. - Ch. 39 - What's your name?

Dex-chan lover
I actually feel bad for Misha since the Rae Taylor she knew is in a way died the moment Rei got reincarnated. Like Misha spent so much time with who she thought was her Best friend but in reality was a stranger. It kinda makes me tear up a bit
Mage and demon queen did this rly well too , love this trope in isekai it's always a banger

Dex-chan lover
I actually feel bad for Misha since the Rae Taylor she knew is in a way died the moment Rei got reincarnated. Like Misha spent so much time with who she thought was her Best friend but in reality was a stranger. It kinda makes me tear up a bit
One could make the argument that both Reis simply combined into one person, but it's pretty obvious which personality is dominant.

Dex-chan lover
so does old original rei never gonna show up anymore and she's simply fade away?

• meguuusad
Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
One could make the argument that both Reis simply combined into one person, but it's pretty obvious which personality is dominant.
This is actually the canon as stated by Inori. The original Rae Taylor was someone with a very thin ego and when Oohashi Rei came in she just kinda merged into her. Her personality, but not her persona, still comes through when Rei gets upset and starts to shut down. Much like what happened when Claire and Rae separated in the Love Scales arc and Misha pointed out the change.

That said this chapter really made me cry because it's such a growth moment for Rae. Leaving herself vulnerable, knowing what's been lost with the original Rae but inheriting what attachments she had, it was really well done by Aono-sensei.

Contributor
Alright, I guess I'll give Misha some slack for being way too wary given what she knows about the harrowing secret of "Prince" Yuu. Understandable that she's not a very trusting person when she's one of the few holders of such a big secret, and even when her best friend started acting differently that set off alarm bells in her head.

Starting over from scratch as friends sounds like a good thing, hope she stops viewing Rei with suspicion after this. It doesn't however eliminate her feeling that her best friend was silently killed and replaced with someone else who has the same face and memories.

Dex-chan lover
wait.. i thought her (game-world) name was Rei.. so it wasn't.. lol :dogkek:

tho i feel bad for Misha, old bff gone.. :qq:

Group Leader
wait.. i thought her (game-world) name was Rei.. so it wasn't.. lol :dogkek:

tho i feel bad for Misha, old bff gone.. :qq:
Nope. Game-world Rae and real-world Rae had two different names (レイ・テイラー and 零 大橋). They both translate to roughly the same thing (Rei) and that's what other groups before us did, but we know that it gets confusing especially as the manga progresses deeper into the plot, so we decided to follow the official anime/manga/LN translations and separate it into two entirely different names, Rae Taylor and Rei Ohashi.

Dex-chan lover
Starting over from scratch as friends sounds like a good thing, hope she stops viewing Rei with suspicion after this. It doesn't however eliminate her feeling that her best friend was silently killed and replaced with someone else who has the same face and memories.
If you think about it in a very crude manner, anyone would have a hard time befriending some stranger wearing their best friend's skin, who effectively died without their knowledge, and pretending to be their best friend for a year, no matter how well intentioned they are.

Dex-chan lover
The original Rae Taylor probably is just empty vessel with basic NPC programming.

Group Leader
TWO chapters today!?! Thanks for the TL. This is one of my favorite series and I didn't know it got dropped thanks for picking it up.
Just replying to you, but it's a notice for everyone who seems to have misunderstood.
WE NEVER DROPPED THIS AND WE KEPT SAYING IT ON OUR DISCORD.
We only had one problem after another, 2 members got sick, others were away with families for Christmas (as they should be), and a giant storm hit the internet of the translator.
So yeah, happy you all got the chapter, but we're working on it and it makes us a bit irritated that like always people snipe without asking us if we're still working on it and throw out of the window the work we've done until now (yes chapter 38 almost ready)

Double-page supporter
I don't agree, I really don't like it when characters spilt their secret. It's like the story destroyed something, I can't really explain it...

Too bad for me. :fml:
Couldn't agree more.
Same feeling here. Something is lost, some essence that made the story enjoyable.

Users who are viewing this thread