I'm in Love with the Villainess. - Ch. 39 - What's your name?

Dex-chan lover
Just replying to you, but it's a notice for everyone who seems to have misunderstood.
WE NEVER DROPPED THIS AND WE KEPT SAYING IT ON OUR DISCORD.
We only had one problem after another, 2 members got sick, others were away with families for Christmas (as they should be), and a giant storm hit the internet of the translator.
So yeah, happy you all got the chapter, but we're working on it and it makes us a bit irritated that like always people snipe without asking us if we're still working on it and throw out of the window the work we've done until now (yes chapter 38 almost ready)
Keep seeing stuff like this happen to groups lately. Sorry, I know how much effort goes into these.

hmm
I feel like the reveal moment is a bit weak and kinda have unsurprising vibes. the short flashback doesn't help build tension either :(

Dex-chan lover
A giant thank you for picking this up, especially for the people who might have only watched the recent anime and are trying to catch up to the rest of the story. Keep up the good work ^_^

Group Leader
I don't agree, I really don't like it when characters spilt their secret. It's like the story destroyed something, I can't really explain it...

Too bad for me. :fml:

rly? I kinda like when Isekai characters open up about their past

Group Leader
I actually feel bad for Misha since the Rae Taylor she knew is in a way died the moment Rei got reincarnated. Like Misha spent so much time with who she thought was her Best friend but in reality was a stranger. It kinda makes me tear up a bit

and in a way Rei took advantage of Misha's feelings as well. It would be justified if Misha ended up hating Rae/Rei honestly, but her heart is just too big for her own good.

Group Leader
I have been calling her Rei since the start anyway, and I'll keep calling her that.

It's good she did exactly what I said she should do, but I would have explained it as a book instead of a game, Misha doesn't get the concept of videogames.

funny enough in the future she does address this topic mostly ad a book. because she fears that ppl might see it as they are being taken as a joke having their lives being treated as a game.

Aggregator gang
If you think about it in a very crude manner, anyone would have a hard time befriending some stranger wearing their best friend's skin, who effectively died without their knowledge, and pretending to be their best friend for a year, no matter how well intentioned they are.
If you think about it this situation is pretty much exactly like "The Summer Hikaru Died," if "The Summer Hikaru Died" was about oujo-samas instead of gay boys

Yeah they really needed that talk. Misha's suspicions were rightfully building and building. Now we're on to right the wrongs done to Misaki and to save Yuu from a similar fate. I also like the addition of seeing Yuu receive the plan, as I don't believe we saw that in the novels. It's not necessary but is a fine small addition.

Right, in the LN, it was more like half a line of Rae mentioning how she had the note delivered to Yuu. Seeing that half of a line expanded to a few panels, since the manga isn't 100% Rae's perspective, makes sense and is nice.

Dex-chan lover
This was good but I wanted more drama before this pay off. Still its one of the few in its genre that actually handles the topic (borderline horror) of "someone you know doing a massive personality twist".

Dex-chan lover
I consider it more that it’s good for Rae as more and more cracks starts to show with her actions that people around here will notice, like Misha did. With someone she can be completely honest with she can actually plan ahead far better as she’s not alone in the same way.

in this case its problematic because Misha didnt snap at Rae because she no longer could attempt to justify Pre and Post Selfstream Synchronization Rae, and instead because shes being mind controlled by Salas.

so does old original rei never gonna show up anymore and she's simply fade away?

This series has way more batshit answers then you can imagine for that question. The Rae Taylor Misha grew up with is an autonomous drone mind that was waiting for day 1 of the academy to receive the trojan selfstream of Rei Ohashi from Earth iteration 103. Rae is also only one of 4 Reis running around that we know of. and the Rae Taylor merged with the protagonist Rei is actually God and can mindjack any living person except for the 4 Rae Taylors and her mother, Claire.

Dex-chan lover

This series has way more batshit answers then you can imagine for that question. The Rae Taylor Misha grew up with is an autonomous drone mind that was waiting for day 1 of the academy to receive the trojan selfstream of Rei Ohashi from Earth iteration 103. Rae is also only one of 4 Reis running around that we know of. and the Rae Taylor merged with the protagonist Rei is actually God and can mindjack any living person except for the 4 Rae Taylors and her mother, Claire.
well that's some crazy shit

Users who are viewing this thread