I'm in Love with the Villainess - Vol. 8 Ch. 40 - Dancing Maiden

Dex-chan lover
I mean, if we're listing out the gay (not bi) characters, we get a similar number. Rae, the nun whose name I can't remember off the top of my head, and maybe Yu (IDR if she ever expressed definite romantic or sexual interest towards anyone tbh, but the one I think was most likely candidate for her interest was Misha)...

Claire and Misha are the only confirmed bi characters, but there's no good reason to believe that anyone else isn't bi, except Rae and the aforementioned nun (who both said they're 100% gay), and I think a couple of the others were kinda put off by Rae's candidness about her sexuality - then again, Claire was too but we all know how that turned out.
basically half the characters havent been introduced and of the characters who havent, only 5 arent gay/bi.

Double-page supporter
Oh my god I did not see the twist with Misha coming. I love how this manga can be so unpredictable, and yet when looking back, use such a simple and straightforward plan.

Why is there a dance with Middle eastern outfits in a country that has the settings of an European medieval kingdom? For one it is a bit bizarre to state that the nuns, out of all people, are the ones showcasing these revealing clothing.

No way they were begging for Misha's help just for her to serve as the speakers and microphone. Like I get it is important, but talk about anticlimatic

I imagine Misaki will get reintroduced into the present story at some point. The moment that happens, I gotta say my farewells to this manga :huh:

Back then I read this novel and enjoy it at first, but then suddenly the writer decide to make everyone gay or incest. The only proper straight relationship in this novel is incest. Damn. Some said that it was not all gay, but none of the character is proper straight. Well, it just my unpopular opinion, but hey why everyone in proper Yuri manga is gay, heck even to the point the side character is also gay. And hey, is not this character in this story supposed from a straight game? Why the hell suddenly all the girl become gay. This just make the story become the main character dream rather than she reincarnated into. I enjoy Yuri manga and almost finish every manga available in mangadex, but that was my biggest question I ever had.

In common media, the gay itself often sidetracked by say they are just close friend, this is exactly like, except in this case the story make every possible character become gay. They are same, rather than let the story flow slowly, the suddenly drop the bomb with easily put label that the girl is straight or gay, and in this story case by make the prince is actually princess. I hope one day I can read story about Yuri MC in a good story, rather than a story about Yuri MC.

Don't mind my opinion. I just wish someday we can get story like Jujutsu Kaisen with gay MC rather than entire story with main focus about gay character.

Ps: I think Gundam Witch from Mercury is one of example
I can understand that the otome settings and its confusion, to a certain extent at least. I had the exact opposite reaction as you, as I was wondering why are there three princes that were recurring members of the cast in a yuri work. After reading a lot of yuri, I am used to only seeing gay girls in many works. Hell, there are so many titles out there with only girls in the cast, you would wonder where did the men go. For me, having a lot of gay girls in a yuri manga is a selling point for me, although I do prefer a more prevalent focus on the main couple.

This work, despite of the flaws it might have with the plot and character management, it has managed the topic of the girls being gay quite well. A lot of the female characters weren't gay at first. Even this chapter, Misha was still unsure of her sexual orientation until the meeting with Yu. The events of the story are what brought them closer, fostering the romantic feelings. If you find this illogical, I cannot imagine your bewilderness at works like Anemone is in heat. If nothing else, this manga handles the topics of sexual orientation better than most titles I have read.

Other commenters also have a point, in that if straight romance is what you are seeking, then the yuri genre is definitely not the place for you. I personally avoid yuri works that hinges on hetero relationships, since that is not what I am looking for. I barely got through Gundam witch mercury, because of the promise of yuri at the end of the show. All the hetero stuff were simply torture, when you are rooting for the two girl MCs to get together. (disclaimer: I am a hetero man, but I enjoy yuri this way better than yuri mixed with hetero)

Users who are viewing this thread