I'm in Love with the Villainess

i voted on this as im hopin it will get an anime adaptation...

chap5,when will be the english update..
(。•́︿•̀。)

Dex-chan lover
Dammit why can't this get more releases it's so damn good!!

Sorry, but it is a joke this translation is soo SLOW.
If the dude is going to be like that, better just drop it, and leave people that are actually passionate to do the English translation, do it.
You just need to read the comments to quickly find them eager to, but we are all getting blue balled by this Spanish to English translator!

Thank god I already read part 1 of the WN.

Supporter
We are getting close to 3 months of no release of chapter 5 and the release of chapter 6 on Dec 18th. If anyone clicks on The Bucci Gang link next to chapter 4 you can see that they have been releasing other manga chapters 2 to 3 times already. If they would only announce something like they are working on it or something like that but maybe they have too much work or lost their passion on this manga. Just let someone else work on it and give up on this manga already. I don't understand why they just don't care enough to communicate. Even their discord has no communication on what is going on here. Please let someone else take it from here

No spoilers but im hoping they can actually speed up work on this, Knowing what is coming just makes waiting so much harder.

Contributor
I thought I would love this, but there's just too much romanticized stalking, stuff edging into the realm of molestation without consent, that sort of thing.

i really wish this one will win the anime adaptation vote..i wanna see the shenanigans of Rei in animation...

Double-page supporter
Copy/Pasting my comment on Ch. 5 since I see multiple readers concerned about some of the content early on in the story:

a quick note to provide more info/help out people who are concerned with Rei's behavior (very mild spoilers about how their relationship develops, and one upcoming plot point spoiler):

I've read the Light Novel and promise, Rei becomes a lot less weird as time goes on. In the beginning she's absolutely portrayed as this one-sided, obsessive/creepy lesbian (which sucks, im saying this AS a queer person, this early portrayal super blows).

It's not elaborated here in the manga, but in the LN Rei makes it clear while her feelings for Claire are genuine, the dopey obsessive behavior is done more to get a rise out of her than be an "actual" stalker. Rei repeatedly says she finds Claire's flustered reaction cute. This is made even more stark in the novel when a woman who ACTUALLY intends to be a creep to Claire shows up. After that arc, Rei dials back the behavior a lot. Also, as their relationship develops and they become closer as friends, Claire not only reciprocates her advances but Rei teases her less as they become more genuine w/ each other. So if you're worried about this being The Whole Story, don't worry. It's def not!!!!!!

If you're uncomfortable w/ this and need some content warnings please feel free to reply to this or DM me, I'm more than happy to elaborate if you need details or provide you the LN chapter numbers in order for you to skip/investigate on your own.

I ADORE this LN/manga, I think Rei and Claire are a fantastic gay couple, but I would be remiss if I didn't acknowledge how icky the early story is with its portrayal of Rei's behavior both as a fan and as a queer person who is sensitive to negative portrayals of LGBT characters in media.

tl;dr fellow fans of the series: i urge you not to dismiss people uncomfortable w/ rei's actions outright. people who are concerned: i assure you it will improve. if you need more info, pls feel free to @ reply or DM me!!

Also check out @NinjaGoemon 's comment on Ch. 5, It's a great summary of Rei and Claire's development as characters

Users who are viewing this thread