I'm Nearly 30, but This Is My First Love - Vol. 3 Ch. 21

Dex-chan lover
Nice, finally back to their usual cute awkwardness. Thanks for the update!

@Echonic

does wanting an "adult" kind of romance story is the same thing as wanting to read a smut/ecchi story? No.

My prob here is the main couple. It is basically the same as you write a story about teens in love for the first time but instead of school life plot the author just slaps a work life plot in it so he thinks it would attract more adult readers.

Dex-chan lover
This is becoming cringe. It was cute at first but now it's starting to feel extremely cringe.

Dex-chan lover
I told it's the tastiest when he behaves like a man. After such attempts they both turning away from each other is not irritating, but cute and fluffy.
His lines about body moving on his own...explains it all better.
And page 11 is a cherry on this cake.
This type of awkwardness I like to observe. Not that last arc full of misunderstandings. A real struggle of a grown-up man with his own awkwardness. With eventual cute fails.

@Ghajik I have zero experience in proofreading. I even hardly imagine, how they work. I would like to learn at least that. Maybe if it's easy and not very (as editing) time-consuming, and I will be able to do it diligently, I could lend a hand

Dex-chan lover
@Ryo90
And? from the first few chapters you get a good look at the characters personalities and how romantically awkward the main couple is, there is little chance of development through chapters why you'd suddenly throw your arms in the air now is kinda hard to understand. I'm not gonna say "don't like don't read" (because thats retarded) but I am gonna say "Wtf were you expecting?" it's a comedy. Their not funny as in they make jokes but it's the way they act that does, it's a comedy mixed with fluff.

I hate adult romance so I turn to wholesome stuff like this, but realistically speaking the way they act doesn't make much sense maybe it would because they have no experience whatsoever but even then they would get along well quickly and do the whole "Adult relationship" like everyone else does, but a story like this (and to keep them cute as possible) would need a constant stagnant relationship with them slowly and awkwardly approaching the things the average couple does, their innocent and pure not realistic and romantic. They are basically teens in love for the first time, and you seem to complain about the "author slapping a work life plot in it so he thinks it would attract more adult readers." yeah no shit, but most adult readers would of left after the first chapter.

Yay! Thanks for the update!
Also, for all those complaining this is not realistic, I'm over 30 and I've experienced this with someone who hadn't had a relationship before.
I love all this fluff and shyness, and if it's too much then there are tons of stories with a faster pace in the relationship. It's not a crime to give up a manga you don't enjoy 🤷

Double-page supporter
ngl the comment section really kills the vibe for this series :/
ik im probably overreacting bc its not even that bad but im still lowkey disappointed every time i click on the comments and its not 100% positive lol i came here to get some pure wholesome ~S U G A R~ , not a bunch of salty ppl complaining that a socially awkward dude in his first relationship is not a constant gigachad from day one
like im not saying you cant criticise something you still enjoy and im not gonna be one of those "dOnT LiKe iT jUsT DrOp IT" but like, if you hate the entire premise of this manga why are yall even still here lmaooooo

Double-page supporter
@Echonic @mirp448
Dear not-salty people, I actually love series with cute romantically awkward couple, but I expected them to grow out of it. Still being this awkward after some times being in a relationship is not what I expected.
Some of my fav manga with romantically awkward couple:
- Ore Monogatari!!
- An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride

Now I only stay because of the secondary couple, so pardon for my nitpicking.

@IldreenL
I agree with you, I also think this is realistic. But just because it's realistic, doesn't mean it's not irritating.

Fed-Kun's army
I'll probably like this more if that detail about Kanata's body acting more youthful than mind is more overt. He knows his tics are giving the wrong signals to Yuumi, and no one can just train him to break his limiter. I just hope I'm not being taken in circles.

I think he'll need to learn to confess to Yuumi the excitement rushing through his nerves, the trepidation of challenging a mystery alongside her. It's their adventure, they should enjoy it together.

Dex-chan lover
There are these manga\anime with adult cast who act like middle-schoolers. What is target audience of these? Most adults find it irritating when it lasts too long without progress and teens relate more to school cast. Talking about irritation I mean no matter how virgin or Japanese you are, you won't act like this irl if you are 20+ let alone 30+, it's not about awkwardness of 1st kiss or sleepless night before 1st date, but common behavior of adult person, who is adequate society member, who interacts with other people and even has friends. I know it's exaggerated for comedic purposes but still. So i wonder who are the readers\watchers of such "adult kids" media.

Users who are viewing this thread