I'm Nearly 30, but This Is My First Love - Vol. 5 Ch. 43

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the translation and for making me feel worse about being single you dicks 😭

Dex-chan lover
How is the couple so much better then the main one?!

Dex-chan lover
These two are the best ones. Main couple is shit while the other two I don't even give a shit about.

Dex-chan lover
That was very cute. I'm not too concerned with which couple is better, though. Why should I halve my enjoyment by making sure I'm grumpy every time one pair shows up?
Admittedly I've been getting a bit annoyed by how the main couple is failing to develop past their initial constant nervousness, but fundamentally I think they're cute too.

Dex-chan lover
The expression “crack up” has two meanings; neither of which fit. One meaning is bring to laughter; the other is wreck. The translator seems to have sought to say something such as “crack her open”, but even this would be unnatural outside of a somewhat adversarial interrogation. The expression “get her to open-up” would be natural.

In general, one should always be very cautious in attempting to use the slang of a foreign language or the dialect of another culture or sub-culture.

I think it's nice when you go through relationship long enough you'll experience one of these stages eventually. It may seem simple from the 3rd person POV, but right in the situation, sometimes it's hard to decide which action is the best. I mean, even after a decade, there are times when you are weighing your options on what to say.

This chapter is quite vivid and real.

Dex-chan lover
Such a wholesome chapter after such long wait.
I like his schematic depiction (glasses-only), when he says "okay" or when he thinks. Even if it's schematic, it's so realistic, I naturally imagine him as if drawn well and in detail. And he's also hilarious.
I like how "she nailed it". I expected it to happen in the chapter itself, not in bonus.
And damn, I like their conversations. How they convey their feelings to each other. 310 is a genius. Please, someone, help GlassChair in translating this one too: https://mangadex.org/title/44377/yin-yori-danjo-wa-nakanaka-susumenai

Dex-chan lover
Aki knows the score. Definitely the most emotionally/socially intelligent if the bunch.

Users who are viewing this thread