I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Nep

Dex-chan lover
Useless losers who can't see Claudia's cuteness. So much cuter than the heroine especially if the front cover is to be believed.

Group Leader
Thanks senpai ; Ama RUm, Coke, Ash Rose, Capri Ran, Solistia Cosmopolitan, White Russian Nekochime
keep spirit

wait next chapter
[Silent_Reader]

Dex-chan lover
please hijack best friendie. I mean, you can share, but please shake up the expected dynamic as hard as possible.

Supporter
I don't read the novel but I hope the "otome MC" doesn't turn out to be another dilusional reincarnater :/

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@Yatsuki Despair! She is a delusional reincarnator. Then there is a spoilery thing that made me feel sad...

Our MC loses her tan 😭 There goes our first (or second?) cute tanned loli.

@KingMab
A subtle dig at asia’s discrimination against darker skin
I am not sure which part of Asia that is. I don't have any preferences for skin color.

Supposedly, Justice Bao was thought to be cursed and abandoned by his father when young because of dark skin but was then picked up and raised by another family member. He then proceed to become some legendary judge figure.

Then there is also all the western discrimination. If anything, I think there are more discrimination towards lighter skin color because we are all fairly dark skinned compared to westerners, and we already have black hair. (The chinese for one calls westerners ang mo kow or gweilo, which is basically red-haired monkeys/ghost man. It is now a neutral term but it used to be derogatory especially when the term was first coined.)

This feels more like a subtle dig at the westerner's discrimination towards darker skin color.

Though the skin color discrimination in this case is more magic power discrimination. The dark skin is like the sign of the "Dark Lord Destroy the World Muahaha"'s blessings and any references to racism is purely coincidental.

Fed-Kun's army
One enigma after another. Is the storyline resisting going the path set for it for the MC's sake?

Dex-chan lover
Hm. If I were to go by those colored covers then she'd be considered white in most countries in the world, as far as I know.

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@Reikou

I just pretend she is pitch charcoal black for more realism. But I failed because I thought she'd still look cute anyway.

Fed-Kun's army
@Yatsuki It gets worse because both of them are delusional reincarnators although our cute Claudia isn't that delusional compared to the "otome MC"
It's more like Claudia is being conditioned to beleive that she will have the Bed End because almost everyone is a PoS, besides brother(s) and the royal family

Dex-chan lover
What's terrible is that claudia believes and thinks that people are better than her in terms of looks and that she looks bad.

Fed-Kun's army
@KingMab kudos on that one i didnt get it till i read @nep 's comment, I know I am just generalizing and using one or 2 examples but some people from east asia can be extremely rude to people that have darker skin colour than they have, I'm not saying they are racists because people might perceive ill will on their behaviour, but just being ignorant I guess... (quote that famous washing machine commercial as example)

Now inside the novel the general behaviour is to some extent completely reasonable if you live in the middle ages, have practically no connections to people of other ethnic groups and the country was basically nuked because of idiots and missinformation, bias everywhere :D

Users who are viewing this thread