I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12.1 - Publisher 2nd Edition

Dex-chan lover
@RyUt09
I am pretty sure there is still a reason in japan why they wouldn't change her black hair to blond with dark skin in Japan

I am disappointed in some of theses people here. You are low-key racist, just because they change her skin tone to reflect the story. When it comes down to it, the color of her skin doesn’t matter, however they did it for a story telling elements. I am disappointed that it causes people to complain. I wonder if this is the reason it sipped being translated, because all of the people complaining about the girl’s skin color.

Dex-chan lover
You know what i agree that it’s an odd decision to undo a very crucial plot element...

Dex-chan lover
Actually, it might have been interesting to have her skin change and use it as a plot point about colour discrimination.

See who changes their attitude before and after, and all that.

Rather stupid of them to retain the dark skin color just because of the backlash. Clearly those people never read the novel.

Fed-Kun's army
....you suddenly expect the bonded host of the dark spirit/shadow king to suddenly bend knee again before you? "Do not question our choices for you. Don't dishonor our family. You still need a choke chain around your neck."..... Just forget the little mistakes we made in the past is what your really saying. Return to the hell you so lovingly created for yourself..you have no right to force the girl to burn in it for you.

Lol, I find it pretty funny that people want to instantly call out "plot doesn't make sense" or "it's a story reason that she gets her skin-color turned white/lighter," but immediately ignore the fact that she was BORN with the favor/blessing of the Dark Spirit King, and lived with it for a decade by now, but not just was literally blessed with it.

If this was in fact the case, then wouldn't this mean that the Light Spirit King is leagues stronger than the Dark Spirit King? A born blessing/lived with for a decade vs a blessing received on a whim, well, more accurately was properly chosen to receive, but it was a rather quick and casual decision. Doesn't that kind of sound a bit bullshit?

I think the author also kind of forgot this because whether it was their preference for lighter-skinned girls or just trying to represent the typical discrimination that POC regularly face, they made it extremely clear (for either regard) in the LN where one of the lines of dialogue after her change was something along the lines of "you're prettier now that you're white," or "I've thought of you as a girl now."

I never read the LN myself, so I can't confirm it, but this should be something easy to check for people more inclined to know or figure out, right? As much as I'd like to, it's not a major issue for me, but I'd rather she keep her dark skin.

Dex-chan lover
@Nightfade honestly agree people take this shit way to seriously yet don't think about the meaning of that change. Kinda funny how maybe if this was made a few years before we wouldn't have all this bs and so many snowflakes jumping onto the author/creator of the series because of something as small as he skins colour reverting back to it's original state due to a blessing.

But hey what can ya do at least it's still being translated/released and they're not trying to cancel it lol

Aggregator gang
What the hell manga author. Don’t change a pivotal plot device due to some bleating from racist fans who care so much about the MC’s skin color that they’re outraged for it to change (it shouldn’t matter right? Isn’t that a central theme of the story?). A large part of the upcoming story will not hit nearly as hard anymore, and may not even make much sense. Weak asf move, author

@Kampfarsch I don't like cock thank you. And clearly you haven't read the novel and thus do not know what the skin color change affect how others treat her in the novel. Idiot.

People are actually cheering for the dark skin to be kept. WTF, you guys? I mean, sure, I love our choco-skinned girl as much as the rest of you, but I would've loved to see the actual story being played out with her having light skin and everyone's reactions to it. Now we can't explore that part of the story cuz you guys complained so much about it. (I guess I could just read the ln, but it's not the same, dammit!)

“Oh no, my daughter is angry and upset over years of neglect! I better feel sorry for myself and cry instead of not making it about me”

Dex-chan lover
Bruh
Wtf
I know I was upset by the skin color changing event, but does author really give up on his plot devide like that?

Still, I am kinda happy to see MC be black, but, this is not genuine anymore, feels kinda cheap

WTF it makes more sense to have light skin if she's also blessed by the light king...
it's not like she lost her identity, her hair is still black

Users who are viewing this thread