I'm Not a Villainess!! Just Because I Can Control Darkness, Doesn't Mean I'm a Villain - Vol. 2 Ch. 12

This is irony, the ones mad about "whitewashing/bleaching" are the ones most obsess with skin colour, like wtf.

She wasn't born brown, it was the dark spirit king's blessing. At this point it doesn't matter what colour she is.

Dex-chan lover
Nooo! My chocolate milk... Now she became a vanilla milk with oreo topping...

Still delicious, but i like my chocolate milk better

Double-page supporter
I mean, why the skin tone thing? Hahaha.

From where I'm from, Philippines, we discriminate our own people just for skin tone, as the "beautiful color" is a kind of pale brown, bordering on milky white, because of generations of conditioning from Spanish colonization and Chinese intermixing with the "pale complexion" is also a sign of wealth, as they don't need to work out in the sun.

They could have gon with changing her hair color to silver or platinum or something.

Dex-chan lover
His family is trash, especially her parents..
The only good thing in her family is her brother

Noooo I like her moar when she was a milk chocolate ;-; now she became a white chocolate ;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;-;

She better in dark skin color... I mean when she in dark skin everyone mistreat her and now she in white skin everyone try to get close to her. Wth.. is that, that's obviously increase her wound.
I hope she get her dark skin again and live happily with her friend

The chapter has only been out for like 4 hours and already over 350 comments from what I guess are people who are triggert and calling out this racist bullshit xD, I belong also to these people.
I understand that japan has this beauty standart of pale skin since ancient times and it's still present for the majority nowdays and it's okay to have main stream beauty standart but holy fuck, japan, get finally out of these medival times and stop acting like that's the only beauty and everything else can't be beautiful unless it fulfills these criterias! Japan is a country that is up ahead with so many things, so I can't understand how they're still stuck up with this topic and racism.

Whoa some people mad over Claudia getting her skin white? Weak disgust me, in the first place her skin is originally white (genetically), but cause dark king like tanned girl she's like that XD.

Edit :But glad she didn't just accept the sudden change in treatment, cause f that's should leave a deep trauma for any1.

Dex-chan lover
Girl, no one can change the past. But what you can do, is give them a chance. Your father and mother refuse to love you, for a long time.

You can't change that, they can't change that. "Afraid of you"? No, that's just you being a powerless nobody that was too scared to seize one big of power called a "Daughter".

So, how about this? Ask. Ask her "what do you want?" If she wants you to be her parents, okay. If she's giving you a chance to be her friends, better. But you forfeited that right to control her life when you spite her.

As for Grace... geez, flirty woman. She's more fickle that most broads.

Dex-chan lover
@petra I'm talking about this type of racism in particular. The one between black and white. Skin color and shit. I didn't specify it down to a tee but it should be obvious what I'm talking about in particular. Yea, history is filled with slavery no matter what country you are from. Who doesn't know that? I'm just saying that this and that doesn't have any correlation with each other.

Dex-chan lover
The real issue is using dark skin to show that someone is "bad" or undesirable. It just feeds into the colorism and hatred of darker skinned people. Especially in Asian where skin lightening and bleaching is a real problem because they prioritize having lighter skin stemming from their past where poor people were dark because they worked outside in the sun and rich people could stay inside therefore they're lighter. Everywhere else in the world doesn't have those specific class veiws, instead it's just the systematic racist ideal of black/darkness is bad while light/white is good taught through almost every aspect of life.

Changing her to lighter skin and then having everyone accept her suddenly pushes the narrative being lighter is good and I'm glad the heroine calls them out instead of just accepting everyone's BS apologies and fake sincerity. Especially her parents, seriously, her "mother" can jump in the deepest lake. She's still the same person regardless of her skin tone but it's jarring certain the people rush to accept her now that she looks like them. Even though the darkness spirit is still with her and they know that, it's clear they were so focused on hating her outer appearance they didn't care what kind of person she really was. All this time those people were probably waiting for her to do something terrible so they could further vilify and condem her.
I'm glad they kept her darker, it does make her parents look just a little bit less like trash since they now seem to be tripping over themselves only to get in the good graces of the light spirit's blessed person but at least the real life people with darker skin reading this story won't get the idea of influenced into thinking that they need to "lighten up" to be accepted by society.
I don't think this story is rated above T so it would definitely be harmful to those younger readers in Asian struggling with accepting their darker skin in a society that's always pushing skin lightening, to see the MCs sudden change could be a reason why they changed her back also it wouldn't look good international if the book gets translated.

Dex-chan lover
@Armsdealer12
Yeah, silver haired with dark skin is quite a nice combination for manga/anime character. But maybe the novelist/mangaka didn't want her to look like a gyaru.

Dex-chan lover
Everyone relax, she just lost her tan, give her some sun and she'll get it back.

You all realize that Japanese people consider darkly tanned skin "black" right?

Dex-chan lover
@petra
This is not racist cause race was never an issue.
Look at her parents, they are both super white. She is white. She was never supposed to represent another race.

Fed-Kun's army
man am i glad that she isn't just beaming sunshine and rainbows at people that treated her like shit

"But things have changed"
Don't u mean your skin's color have changed 😒

Thanks for the chapter 💛💛

Users who are viewing this thread