Seijo ja nakatta no de, Oukyuu de nonbiri Gohan wo Tsukuru koto ni shimashita - Vol. 1 Ch. 1.2

@alkossovsky i know, but again, tis a culture thing. i dunno why what they call fat is chubby at best but it is what it is (and is their loss because thicc is correct)

Group Leader
T H I C C
Might awaken some of these guys' personal preference, you never know...

Double-page supporter
4mc56i.jpg

Dex-chan lover
One thing about these food isekai's is the neglect that in many historical societies, being larger/plumper was desirable as a sign of success and luxury. It's only recently that this changed, where being thing was seen as success and luxury as it meant that a person had time to exercise rather than work an office job each day.

And what is it about these and bread yeast? They always get it wrong. Bread yeast and wild yeast exists already otherwise they would only have unleavened flatbread (or rather, crackers/biscuits). What they need to do is make sure they use milk and a tangzong to start the dough as well as a pullman pan. If I see a manga using those, then I'll believe it. Not many people use the tangzong method, but it is used when making a Hokaido milk bread, and because it's a unique technique in our world, I can certainly see that making a big wow in a fantasy world.

Artisanal breads, baked in a stone oven, often have a thick, somewhat hard crust. A lot of those breads are just flour, water, salt and yeast. There was a resurgence of these after the sandwich bread craze.
I suppose I should tag @N2O and @Ktoromto since they were talking about the same thing.

I think the antics between the middle brother and the lead is what will keep me reading for a while, rather than anything about the food.
Japan discovered the existence of bread in the second half of the 19th century, after Perry's expedition, so they assume people in the west ate rocks in the past (since they obviously must have been oblivious of the blessing that is rice).

To add some irony on all of that, the "fluffy bread" they are so proud of usually doesn't use any yeast, but instead rely on chemical leavening agents and mechanical whipping to incorporate air in the dough...

Users who are viewing this thread