I'm the Ex-Girlfriend of a Soldier - Ch. 44 - Season 2

Fed-Kun's army
Thank you for the updates! And here I was expecting maybe at most we get the end of season 1 but to find out we even got season 2!
Couldn't be more happy and grateful ^^

who wouldve thought that you'd be friends with your ex-boyfriend's cheater... they should've ended together tbh

@HiAndHello I slightly disagree. Yes, divorce is thrown around easily in these kind of stories, I think that some people don't view it as sacred or heavily a oath as you say/and how easily it is to get married for some. Also limited pages and plot purposes might not have allowed this girl talk to get as detailed as it might've been irl but honestly I would be okay if Maize wanted to get a divorce. They exchanged oaths yes, but don't forget that the whole premise of their relationship is a lie. He's been lying to her since Day 1, would've lied to her and manipulated her more if she wasn't the saintess and had the power to see through his illusions/mind magic whatever. His whole personality is a facade he shows to her that he thinks is her ideal lover. Her whole job and all the effort she spent on it was a big fat lie.

As the main couple, I'm betting even if they were to get divorced, Izu will just court Maize openly without deception and then they get married again......somewhere between the subplot of the soldier dude and the fate thing going on.

@xxlacu all good points, I think is maize genuinely wanted a divorce that would be her prerogative and she’d have good reason. My problem is her friend immediately assuming her husband was beating her and suggesting that she get a devorse without knowing anything about the situation. Rather than being a good friend that kind of advice can really backfire. If Maize really was in an abusive relationship that kind of advise would more likely than not cause her to defend her abuser and double down. On the flip side conflict is normal in a relationship and taking time to oneself can be a good thing (if a bit concerning if occurring directly after the honeymoon). What she needs is a friend by her side that will listen if she’s willing to talk and will be supportive of Maize’s wishes/happiness.

I’ve been that friend who has said “just stop being friends with her” (4th grade slightly different circumstances) and that was decent advise considering the friend in question was a total brat who was mean to me. But my “advise” came from self interest and did nothing to empathize with my friends friendship with the other girl. Needless to say, my friend ignored my suggestion

@HiAndHello ah that I can definitely agree with. Though I imagine they're not close enough or Maize protecting Izu that she wouldn't disclose "hey I married a demon and my whole relationship is a lie". Without any input from Maize on what really happened and with her being sad, the friend can really only guess at what happened + the question that Maize had asked.

As for the advice you gave your friend, honestly that's the kind of surface advice I would give as well. It's down to your friend to decide how much they value/if they are willing to put in the effort into maintaining that friendship and working out whatever issues they might have and sometimes if you were to give more detailed advice, it's advice that goes into the wind. ...plus at 4th grade I ain't giving any advice that benefits a person that's mean to me, lol.

@xxlacu I was thinking along the lines of “my husband lied to me in a big way, and though he disclosed it I’m still hurt and don’t want to immediately forgive him” but yeah; she is limited in how much she can say.

Basically the kind of advise to give in this situation is tricky and can be full of personal and altruistic motives... and I sometimes get annoyed at how one note it is when you read these stories in aggregate.

Users who are viewing this thread