I'm the Great Immortal - Ch. 177

@AlexMCS

I used to read many of them.

"Master of GU" - Decent, but hasn't been updated for a while. Also has standard manhua vibes, where somebody is insanely stubborn and refuses to believe that they were defeated.
"Rebirth of the Urban Immortal Cultivator" - This one started out okay, but became fully insane insane in latest chapters and is currently trash tier (I'm ahead of english translation, by the way). It is non-stop superpower pew-pew ("Mwhahahaha I'll kill chen fan, he is a joke". "Oh no, chen fan is in trouble!" Chen fan murders the protagonist and its entire family. Next obstacle appears: "Mwahahaha, now I will kill Chen Fan!". Repeat forever), with MC roflstomping everybody.

Apotheosis - dropped it.
Tales of demons and gods - dropped it. Probably the first manhua I read, got bored of it when monsters started besieging the city.

I also recall dropping "I was trash", and another title with similar setup... "strongest anti-meta", "peerless concubine", "Outrageous princess", "peerless alchemist", then some other works fizzled out. Like "princess agent".

Wait, who is Ouyang Pei?
@Aran1 Would be a shitty plot twist that's for sure.

@DeathDonut "Rebirth of the Urban Immortal Cultivator" The one where he's murdering people left an right I dropped it around chapter 90 and he's basically stomping everyone. How much more insane that one powercrept turned out? To be honest I read that firstt before reading this, and its a breath of fresh air with the trashtalking MC rather than murdering MC.

@lovolo Well, if you insist....
The MC fought among other things Russian Werewolf Operatives, Cyborgs, Robots, got hit directly by a nuke, RECOVERED from that (1 year timeskip), returned, murdered bunch of other cultivators which disrespecting his family in his absence, murdered a shinto ghost with actual temple in japan, picked fight with angels from vatican, went to another dimension with arrogant "immortals", murdered them all, returned back (1 year timeskip), murdered another cultivator family that disrespected his family again while he was absent, then picked up fights with actual son of god from vatican, bunch of angels, demons, and several mythical beings, murdered them all too, and was proclaimed the strongest being on earth pretty much, only to return to a social party where people for some reason do not recognize him and mistreat one of his relatives.... then went to space to fight some sort of space ants on edge of solar system, trying to find traces of immortal cultivators. Right, he also can manifest some sort of priomordial fish as a spirit and has too many techniques to remember and keeps pulling them out of thin air as plot requires it.

It basically feels like it was written by a five years old at this point. Due to all the pewpew. Lasers and explosions on every page, non stop. I'd say the turning point of the series where it all went to "insanity and beyond" was when MC
Picked up a fight with actual aliens and wrecked their UFO. I think he killed them all too. That was before he went to another dimension. After that stuff like hims making his grandfather into an immortal doesn't even register anymore.

Something like that.

So, like I said. "To insanity and beyond".

The series had a nice moment when
He finally married his girlfriend.
That was sweet. But it lasted half a chapter or so. Then it was back to pew pew and roflstomping.

Right, there are 409 chapters of this mess, though english translation isn't keeping up with it.

As of chapter 409, the dude is fighting some cthulhu-headed people and is apparently about to murder actual Anubis.

@StellaD.
It is the one with pink-ish long hair.

Apparently her name is Fang Qiong. They marry in chapter 184.

There's at least six different girls that were interested Chen Fan and keep being around him even after the marriage, and given how many characters the series keep introducing (only to kill off) it is hard to keep track of the names.

XL

Dex-chan lover
Aww man not this cliche shit where mc gets shit on and then he shats on them back later on :E

@ DeathDonut That sounds insane, but then again I also read Hero? I Quit That Long Time Ago and its also really random but somehow also made sense at the same time. So I need to experience that to believe it.

@DeathDonut
oh wow..I thought it would be that pink haired girl that appeared in the beginning with her grandfather..i liked her...sad😂

Users who are viewing this thread