I'm the Male Lead's Female Friend - Ch. 13

Dex-chan lover
@Leori I like the story itself. Just not that plot they are adding (with the people who originally weren't bad suddenly being villains for no reason).

I don't have to like every single element of a story to like the story.

And my comment had to do with the plot introduced this very chapter... so it's actually kinda relevant.

I'm sorry you are feeling offended about my opinions for this random sabotage plot taking place for absolutely no reason.

Thank you for the chapter!!!! God it's fucking wild that they're conspiring to try and make sweeny fail

Thanks for translating! and it's okay. I'd honestly prefer quality over quantity, so no rush and take your time.

Double-page supporter
@deathmailrock From what I heard
Stella is pretty much being blackmailed by that commoner-hating-nasty-witch of a teacher who fancies herself as a fairy godmother with her scholarship and family's livelihood if she doesn't do what she wants. Trying to force Stella to end up with the prince because a poor noble is still better than a commoner
I bet Teacher was one of those people bad mouthing ML's mom behind his back too

Thank you for translating. Remember, it is our honour that you do these translations for free and with your own personal time. Don’t feel that it’s out of obligation. The most important thing is to be mentally and physically healthy. Again, thank you so much for the hard work!

Dex-chan lover
@Umbrecola Which is different from the original game the MC played before the reincarnation (is it reincarnation or just incarnation since she went into a game character???)

Double-page supporter
@deathmailrock I mean it is possible it did happen, having played otomes sometimes you get jack diddley squat about what is going on in the Heroine's life outside of the romance part because they want them to be easier to project yourself onto so you fill can in the blanks

Dex-chan lover
@Umbrecola But it's one of those fantasies meant to get you out of the sh*tty real world. One where you, the player, really are amazing and beautiful. One where you, the player, really are smart and kind and loved by everyone except the villainess which is supposed to represent all the sh*t that bothers you in real life.

It's a fantasy for young women. So trying to make all the elements of what is meant to be a fantasy for people to enjoy into something darker just feels... I dunno... kinda mean...

Double-page supporter
@deathmailrock Like these villianess stories really misrepresent how often there even are villianesses in Otome, literally of the one's I've personally played only one had a villianess/love rival and only in one route of that game at that. As someone brought up in another comment section Villianesses were more a staple of shoujo manga in the 1970s and 80s

Dex-chan lover
With this most recent development, it seems that Rasen has taken the lead villain role. I wonder what will become of Stella now... I hope she still has a shot at a good end too.

Dex-chan lover
@Umbrecola Well, that's even more interesting, isn't it... though, to be fair, I feel like these stories are copying other "Otome Video game" stories more than they are using Otome video games...

Like how the RPG Fantasy stories (using Isekai or otherwise) seem to borrow more from each other than the actual RPG games they were based off of...

Users who are viewing this thread