I'm the Villainess, but I'm Being Captured by the Heroine?! Anthology - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - My Best Friend's Engagement was Annulled. I Need To Do My Best…

Fed-Kun's army
This is, I dunno, maybe it's a cute concept and all, but I just can't help but notice that while they used the word "love" multiple times with regards to the straight couple, they went out of their way to avoid using it between the two women. It's framed as just strong friendship between two straight wives, and if you want any gay you gotta resort to subtext. Typical.

My yuri-goggles may be powerful, but they're clearly not powerful enough for this one, sorry!

The plot twist of the prince being a decent dude and the poly arrangement was A+, imo. I wish the relationship between the girls was just a bit, just a tad, just a skosh more explicitly romantic. A kiss or something, idk. If the relationship between the girls was less ambiguous, then it'd feel more like an actual "yuri pair + het pair = poly angle" kinda thing instead of het and subtext. But lots of yuri has that kind of "friends or lovers?" kind of ambiguity to them, so I think it still fits in this anthology

Sidenote but it's really funny to me how the prince looks like his outfit's gonna rip if he moves wrong.......this dude's shoulders are too wide for his coat

@Deoxyribo9 I was thinking the same thing! I'm amused by the idea of people gossiping and being snide about Shion being an unfavored wife since she hasn't had an heir, but joke's on them Shion's not Leon's wife, she's Maria's ; )

@FioreFire Yeah, same! Maria loves the prince, but cares about Maria more. Not loves her more, cares more. And Shion's gonna support her "precious one" and her husband. Not her wife and husband, not her love and husband. You can see the gay, but it's hiding under technically platonic words, which is a drag. Almost feels like a non-yuri writer wanted to join this to write an isekai, but was skittish about the "yuri" part

Dex-chan lover
This is unaceptable in this type of anthalogy, since the yuri in regular stories is treat as subordinated do this in official yuri anthalogy is a bit gross even with a ``light`` setting, specially
And aroud half the history will be a decent conclusion since in the end the prince win more even when desire give up.
Uffs, polyamori is dangerous for yuri in this combination, blergh

HOLY SHIT THE PRINCE HIT THE JACKPOT. But also, that last scene of him bringing presents was kinda adorable 😂

That being said... it was MEH overall.

I'm actually a huge fan of the ending although like many others, I wish the yuri was more outright stated.

Thank you for the chapter!

this is cute, but it feels more like yuri baiting
the last panel of the prince was adorable tho

Users who are viewing this thread