I'm the Villainess, but I'm Being Captured by the Heroine?! Anthology - Vol. 1 Ch. 5 - The "Villainess's" Engagement Annulment, Or An Account of the …

Yo, I want a whole series based off of this. Usually with this type of story it's just full of morons, this seemed extremely interesting.

Fed-Kun's army
yeah they didn't all have yuri, but they were all very interesting negl. this last one tho, OOF.... DARK SAINTESS, SO COOL!!!!

thank you for translating!!!

This has to turn into a series, you can't just end the story there! I really hope the author will at least make a sequel, the premise is super cool.

At least this one doesn't end with an unknown second prince courting the villainess and she getting blushed.
*Tsk*, just remembering that is bad for my nerves.

Dex-chan lover
sequel! Without sequel, it's just a manga... just some chapter without Yuri ending!

We need this to become a full blown manga or atleast a sequel cause this one was really good. Really liked how the prince of this one was all in for their country and wasnt a dumbass like some of the other ones we have seen.

This one was a little dull for the final story. Still, the anthology as a whole is pretty great. I hope there's another

Dex-chan lover
@kawaii123456

did you even read the damn tags?
also what BS are you eating? “ain’t hentai so no don’t expect yuri”? WTF?? were in frozen hell hentai has to du with bloddy hell yuri???

Dex-chan lover
also only 1 had yuri one even had an ***** let’s share the prince D cuz we don’t wanna be separated! that chapter was 1 billion % straigh poly relationship not even shoujo ai cuz they both marry that man so in the future will will have to have children, ugh, what a dissapointment was this antology, the first chapter was the only good yuri and the last chapter had good shoujo ai? I don’t know but it was quite good but not yuri at all T^T

Aggregator gang
@lilithraven
Reading is fundamental. You should work on your literacy before revealing to the world your folly. While I'm sure this isn't the first time you've been chided about this, I can only hope you are able to learn at some point

This story has so much potential it can even go well if made into an anime like, Princess Principal. We need a full manga of this and hopefully an anime adaptation .😟

I am disappointed in the lack of explicit confirmation of sapphic relationships/feelings in an anthology that's definitely supposed to be sapphic (in 2020/2021)— first one is very old school pg13 yuri of the 70s vibes🌸, then the second has uhhhhh a friendly hug to confirm their relationship 🥴, 3rd was fine... Still inexplicit but not subtle at all; the villainess was legit, like, "yeah I love you but I 100% prioritize my BFF over you, she's my #1"; heroine only married the prince so she wouldn't be separated from her gf that was extremely sapphic; the only way it could be gayer is uhhhhh... with the EXPLICIT CONFIRMATION of their relationship. If it said "my husband and my lover/beloved" at the end, I bet that would ease a lot of ruffled feathers (but still not Confirmed Gay).

The 4th installment was INSULTING.

This last one tho??? It's more subtext than text-text, but just that page with the heroine weeping while the "villainess" holds her tenderly in her arms... A literal gdamn embrace... The fact that she'd tear apart her own life and family to keep her woman safe... If you changed the "villainess" into a man and altered the annulled engagement (either with a princess or whatever)... No one would dare say that wasn't romantic. Again, they could have spared a page or two to make it more explicitly romantic, but a slow burn isn't bad either. I think it would have been better received if #4 wasn't such garbage and we didn't have the FRIENDSHIP HUGS and inexplicit romantic friendships all over this anthology 😤😤😤😤

@mmonstra, i agree with some you said. It would be better if they make more chapthers on each story to make it more 'explicit', since this is an anthalogy after all, you can't expect a full flesh thought out story (which is ashame). Each story had it's own potential, and i would like to see more of them.

Since the "Yuri" or "Shoujou Ai" (whichever you want to call it) genre are *mostly* slow burns and sometimes confirm it with subtle ways, i think we should take notes that 'subtle ways' are a part of what makes it canon or confirmed.

I like reading your essay, although there are some part i don't agree on, but it's a nice and thoughtfull essay.

man not even one clear kiss scene,,,,sad :( but nonetheless an enjoyable read! thank you for the chapters!

Users who are viewing this thread