I'm the Villainess, but I'm Being Captured by the Heroine?! Anthology - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - My Best Friend's Engagement was Annulled. I Need To Do My Best…

Didn't expect the ending,... I thought she gonna be a court lady to stay by her side or something 😲😲

Double-page supporter
@Moneymike1995 You might be right on a few things. It looks like he really loves Shion and is annoyed that her attention is on Maria. They married together so I should use polygamy instead of polyamory.

Man, I feel bad for the folks that got baited into this chapter.

It kinda sucks how an anthology series dedicated to yuri gets a het harem chapter thrown into the middle of it. I mean so far there's been one definitive yuri chapter and two "gals being pals" chapters and one of those was even definitively a hetero guy gets two girls chapter. The amount of copium happening in this comment section is crazy, it's really not poly at all, the ladies never actually say they love each other and even the chapter title and their own references to each other is as friends.

Chapter 3 should not be included in this anthology, even tho it's still shoujo-ai, but how do I say this? I think it's not a satisfying ending for yuri/shoujo-ai fans, I mean yeah at best this chapter satisfies bi and harem seeking normies.
Also, personally I think the choice mc made is stupid, you know? She didn't need to make everyone "happy", at least in RL things won't work like this and even in fantasy works shouldn't work (I mean if you lived sometime now, you should now that everything can't be perfect) even if you did this just so your work could be different (tho by trying to make it different, the author made it worse). It would be different if she too was in love with him, but the way the author made it seem just like "I will stay by my friend's side just so she can be with her crush" and that is it, pathetic development IMO. The best solution by definition (the genre is yuri so, yeah, technically speaking it should be only yuri, MC going with the yuri route. What the author made in this chapter is like when you go with *expectations* to enjoy a hentai/*insert whatever shit you like in here* and suddenly there is a sudden *Hey Guyz DID Someone call for me, the ugly bastard NTR guy?* scene...so yeah maybe the comparison is not like so but hopefully you guys understand what I meant.
Also the guy who said it wholesome in a weird way, not even weird can describe it anymore, more like trying to appease everyone's appetite but failing at it.
Final analysis: can easily make you wonder what the hell was the author thinking?

Dex-chan lover
@Carvia I agree. Honestly while I won't judge their tastes its clear most of the comments aren't from yuri fans. No true yuri fan would find this ending any good, especially in a yuri anthology series. Like you said they're either deluding themselves that this is good for yuri fans or they aren't yuri fans and are happy to see a story with a male in it.

I mean it's ffm love. Both heroine and prince love the villainess, but the kingdom probably only recognize a man having multiple wives so he wants to make her happy and married her girlfriend too. I approve.

Dex-chan lover
WHAT THE HECK !!! And you call this Yuri. That's bullsh*t ! This is just a story of two pal staying good pal at the end. The polgamy wedding... Fine ! But was it the only way for them to be "TOGETHER FOREVER <3 <3 <3<3 <3" with lots of hearts even if they don't share any romantic feelings.
This story shouldn't be in this anthology. Literally we can resume it like this, "Two friends marrying the prince" THE END. And no, saying "I want to stay with you forever" doesn't mean "I love you in a romantic way" and it's not equal to a kiss.
And The fact that the two of them marry the prince put away the subject of homosexuality. It's the prince who marry the two females. In the eyes of the kingdom the prince have two women and that's all.
The first two story were lazy but this one is out of subject.

why does it even matter if it's polygamy
everyone ended up happy
and the prince doesn't even like shion and shion doesn't like the prince. and if i were in that situation i would find it hard to choose one friend when the three of us have grown up together.. not saying i would have made the decision to be in a polygamous relationship, just saying the decision would be tough

and also, it's just fiction so you guys should stop taking it so seriously. it's not supposed to be realistic!

Dex-chan lover
@chimpee It matters to some people because it doesn't fit the genre of the anthology. Its a yuri anthology. Not a het anthology or a bi anthology. The problem here is the yuri is not the focus and it comes across more as friends sharing a guy so they can stay friends. Its not that difficult to understand

@Moneymike1995 It doesn't have to be 3 way love for it to be poly: both the mc and the prince love Maria while the former are mostly just compromising and that's a valid polyamorous configuration.

For the second point, while there isn't something in the story that explicitly states romantic love between Shion and Maria (easily the worst part about this oneshot), we can piece together several details and infer that there is definitely something going on beyond just platonic love:

On Shion's side: in one panel it's shown she is excited while bathing together with Maria with the blushing and heartbeat sfx. Add to that her statement that she was "holding back" and it's no longer the most platonic display of attraction I would say.

On Maria's side: The fact that she was unwilling to leave Shion behind and saying she cared more about her than her ACTUAL romantic interest; couple that with the fact that she was more than willing to share him (officially) and it becomes incredibly difficult to believe that she would do and feel all these things just for a platonic relationship that wouldn't even be cut off but merely obstructed otherwise.

So to me it mostly just meant to set up Maria's harem by binding them all into one household, and the only way for that to be societally acceptable in accordance with the setting is for the only character allowed to have a polygynous marriage. That's fine and I really like the concept on paper, it's just that the yuri is executed so poorly and that should just not be the case especially in a oneshot where you can't really flesh out the story further.

Dex-chan lover
@NowhereJoker I see where you're coming from but your defense falls apart simply because this is a yuri anthology. We shouldn't even be talking about a poly relationship with a male in this. If this wasn't a yuri anthology it would actually be somewhat decent honestly.

I still disagree with the girls living each other. The fact that they never say it once and we have to read in between the lines if they like each other in a yuri anthology work says a lot. IMO I don't see them as bi but just friends. I can't even say Shion is straight either since we don't know how she feels about Leon.

Users who are viewing this thread