In the Gardens of Gehenna - Ch. 7 - The Grass Withers, the Flower Fades

Double-page supporter
That's some Ryukishi07's seal of highest quality right there!
I missed the first time I read and watched Higurashi during 2006 and that edgy nostalgic feeling is coming back again.
Well done, Sakasana-sensei.

Dex-chan lover
Colin reproducing the abuse she received towards others cause she doesnt understand better :fml:
Sadly this is pretty much a thing in real life. Makes the manga even more intense, the Mangaka seems to have done at least a bit of research into several psychological issues like co-dependency. I'm very curious about how this plays out and also happy to see another chapter. Was already suspecting it might have been dropped.

Dex-chan lover
I do wonder... would she be innocent? Or would it still be a crime considering all the circumstances we know so far?

Dex-chan lover
Let's see in just this chapter...we've got:

-Plotting to dig up human remains and dispose of them in a clandestine fashion.

-Struggling through guilt to distance and detach oneself from an incredibly messed up situation.

-A little girl trying to rape another little girl because in desperation she thinks sex will prevent her friend from abandoning her to being alone again, showing how damaged her psyche is from living with her incestuous rapist dad...which in turn makes her friend abandon her even harder since unlike hentai doujin she has a realistic reaction to being assaulted.

-A not so subtle allusion to committing suicide to escape multiple fronts of suffering.

:huh:
It's like a calorie dense food in kawaii packaging. But instead of calories, carbs or proteins OOPS! It's all despair!

Group Leader
Sad Yoda GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

Dex-chan lover
considering some 18 year olds get stuck in this situation and cant figure out who's truly at fault, I fear what this will do to toddlers

Fed-Kun's army
I really hope they finish translating this one. I know it's not the most popular thing but holy shit this story hits hard.

Dex-chan lover
Colin reproducing the abuse she received towards others cause she doesnt understand better :fml:
Idk why some called you dumb when so many therapists out there have explained abused children copy what the parents do. Including the things that make them happy to avoid being hated.

Trauma is a horrible thing and people either make fun of it or ignore people's problem so they can act like they never knew.

Supporter
Nobody's talking about Chekov's bear roaming around since the first chapter?

Somebody's gonna get attacked by a bear...just a matter of who, when, and how graphic will it be drawn?

Dex-chan lover
Nobody's talking about Chekov's bear roaming around since the first chapter?

Somebody's gonna get attacked by a bear...just a matter of who, when, and how graphic will it be drawn?
Colin will be safer with the bear than with her father

Dex-chan lover
I'm relieved her friend didn't snitch on her, I thought this was going to become a blackmail manga.
I hope some dogs don't find the cadaver and this turns into a city-wide drama.
I kinda hope it does so the goof who did this to a child can be exposed.. needs to be put down like a sick animale.

Users who are viewing this thread