In the Land of Leadale - Vol. 4 Ch. 14 - Let's Meet The Unexpected!

Dex-chan lover
My meme-rotten brain urged me to do this, it’s not my intention to offend anyone and if I did, I apologize.
and thanks for the chapter!
YVCEWc6.jpg

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the Chapter
soo it raises the question
how big will her Family end up?
her first son doesnt look like the guy that would accept any woman, but her second ?
also arnt mai mais Children already old Enough that they could have there own?

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the translation. There is a bubble which says "Umm... Am I really look that scary?" which might be "Umm... Do I really look that scary?" but other than that the translation was smooth, very nice.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, I'm also really confused this chapter. Nice to see from the credits page I'm not alone 🤣

Dex-chan lover
The reason Cayna feels like her home was insulted because she is actually rather fond of the "poor inn" back in Felskeilo (the town where the story started, and where she saved the mermaid a few chapters back) The LN has 3 whole paragraphs of exposition explaining that, though the dialogue immediately before also made it plenty clear why she was upset. It looks like they changed Cayna's lines for the manga, which made her anger more confusing for anyone that hasn't been taking detailed notes.

Dex-chan lover
damn she old af
If you think of her as an ancient hero who was recently unsealed, you would not be too wrong.
But at the same time, she is an teenage girl who is immature for her age due to spending much of her life bedridden. Not much better than the prince she has been chasing in the big city.
Age of 1? Isn't she like 100 or something?
I checked the raws, and she says she is 17 years old. Seems to be an error somewhere in the translation process.
But she suddenly appeared about 200 years in the future, so her age gets complicated.

Dex-chan lover
IIRC from other sources, her in game character is 217 years old (because she set it to her own age when she was playing the game, and it's been 200 years since then). But she feels like she's only a year old because that's all the longer it's been since she got "resurrected" in that world.

Dex-chan lover
That's not a "gentle" slope when it comes to building on it.

Unlikely a relic would exist from 200 years ago? Did you expect it to be stored in acid or something?

"Chill, Lady!"
But that's what she was going to do with that snowball...

It looks like they changed Cayna's lines for the manga, which made her anger more confusing for anyone that hasn't been taking detailed notes.
The clues were all there, and I think it worked well in the manga. First she gets angry without any obvious reason, and wants to go to a regular inn. Then she says he insulted something important. The second part gives a hint about what the subject was, and the last about why she got angry. Short term foreshadowing with a fast payoff, which highlights that it's not supposed to be super obvious in the first place.

I checked the raws, and she says she is 17 years old. Seems to be an error somewhere in the translation process.
But she suddenly appeared about 200 years in the future, so her age gets complicated.
It's not that complicated, really. To her, she's 17, and she's existed in that world for a year. To the others in the world, she's an old hag of some respect.

But her reaction doesn't make sense since she's already well aware of it, and has met the other kids before. It shouldn't come as such a shock to her at this point in the story.

Dex-chan lover
I don't get her reasoning for being that upset. yeah sure it does shocking to suddenly know that you're a great grandmother now, but it's not fair to lash your emotion on said grandchildren.

EDIT: after reading the comments i finally noticed that "poor inn" remark. Still, she really had poor emotional control (like what 17 years old do). All she needed is to points out his remark and all be done, no need such drama.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I don't get her reasoning for being that upset. yeah sure it does shocking to suddenly know that you're a great grandmother now, but it's not fair to lash your emotion on said grandchildren.

EDIT: after reading the comments i finally noticed that "poor inn" remark. Still, she really had poor emotional control (like what 17 years old do). All she needed is to points out his remark and all be done, no need such drama.
funne anime meme reactions
absolutely nothing of note happens but she throws a tantrum and physically assaults people
haha XD

Users who are viewing this thread