In the Land of Leadale - Vol. 4 Ch. 14 - Let's Meet The Unexpected!

Caerick's name is still Caerick, it's written on LN officially translated.

Because Mai-Mai copy Cayna's name and change it into new name, Caerick.

If you still use Kaerick, based on MAL, that's okay.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
soo it raises the question
how big will her Family end up?
her first son doesnt look like the guy that would accept any woman, but her second ?
also arnt mai mais Children already old Enough that they could have there own?
In the LN,
3 foster system kids
1 more kid (human, adopted)
2 grand kids (elves, M and F twins)
1 great grandnkid (elf by grandson)
1 knight leader (another player, due to some interactions that are misunderstood people (the knights) ship them mostly to tease the knight leader)
1 princess/future queen (wants to marry Skargo)
1 companion/close friend/its complicated (Opus)
1 sister (high elf, another player, character family relations served as a link for certain skills, they chose to be sisters for the skill)
1 niece (high elf gueen of one of the other nations, foster system daughter of the sister player)

Dex-chan lover
I've been noticing this for a while which mc's personality.
She's quick to goes to depressed mode.
This chapter just proved that we just gonna see more of her being childish despite having great grandchild.
I thought for sure when she realizes that she is now a irl mom, she would do hee best to become one.
But so far, she didn't exactly show us her motherly side.
Sure the kids think of her as mom but dats it. It was by default.
Also the 'poor' part, she have first hands experience of how rich person becomes poor/hopeless, so even if she's mentally underage, even middle school kid can tell straight to your face that u being rude for calling poor people bad.
Or use her grandma power to educate her grandchild.
He aint mind-reader.
Also, instead of shocking terror, she should be happy that the kid have her own kid since it was something expected since she got married.
If anything she should ask/have interest about her family.
Like i said, she went straight to her negative emotion and not being a mother.
It this was for the sake of the plot, to introduce the other grandchild, then this just bad.
Overall, love the plot, but not on how mc still mentally kid despite being the oldest person.
Hopefully she will be mature.

This chapter just proved that we just gonna see more of her being childish despite having great grandchild.
I thought for sure when she realizes that she is now a irl mom, she would do hee best to become one.
Also the 'poor' part, she have first hands experience of how rich person becomes poor/hopeless, so even if she's mentally underage, even middle school kid can tell straight to your face that u being rude for calling poor people bad.
He aint mind-reader.
Also, instead of shocking terror, she should be happy that the kid have her own kid since it was something expected since she got married.
It this was for the sake of the plot, to introduce the other grandchild, then this just bad.
Overall, love the plot, but not on how mc still mentally kid despite being the oldest person.
She's 17 years old, lol. Are the 17-year-olds you know mature? Her "kids" are already fully grown too, so I wouldn't expect much "parenting" to happen.

Dex-chan lover
In the LN,
3 foster system kids
1 more kid (human, adopted)
2 grand kids (elves, M and F twins)
1 great grandnkid (elf by grandson)
1 knight leader (another player, due to some interactions that are misunderstood people (the knights) ship them mostly to tease the knight leader)
1 princess/future queen (wants to marry Skargo)
1 companion/close friend/its complicated (Opus)
1 sister (high elf, another player, character family relations served as a link for certain skills, they chose to be sisters for the skill)
1 niece (high elf gueen of one of the other nations, foster system daughter of the sister player)
Its suprising that the dwarf son yet to have a child.

Dex-chan lover
I've said it before. Keina has this really bad quick-shift of mood. It's even worse than a feral girl in her period.

The series always try to downplay this as a joke but Keina doesn't joke about it. If she says she'll rekt you because of some insignificant thing, she'll do it no regrets... then the next minute would be depressed 'cause she did schrite. Her hypocrisy is her one biggest flaw and also her utter nepotism towards few select individuals.

Keina really loves the frontier village she spawned in. Most of the fact that it was a more interactive place than her RL hospital room. Few sick kids would visit Keina back then and that was her only interaction with people so Caerick here being an accidental classist really hit a sore spot for her.

Also, Caerick actually almost died there from the mere killing pressure Keina emitted after getting offended.

Aggregator gang
Regarding Cayna's immaturity: she's 17 years old, and much of her life experience consisted of being confined to a bed in a hospital. Not exactly a lot of opportunities to grow and mature as a person.

As to her odd quick-to-be-depressed mood swings: I would remind you that she lost both her parents in a plane crash, the same crash that left her crippled and stuck on life support in a hospital for years, mind you, then learned she actually died and was in the game world, then learned it was 200 years later for that world, then learned the game's servers were shut down a long time ago, leaving her to assume she was the only player left, all her friends were long gone and she was completely alone (yeah, sure, she has "family" but they were mindless NPCs before she was isekai'd, so they don't count as "friends from the old world"). I would be shocked if she didn't have some serious mental trauma to work through.

I wonder if she might have a generally depressed mental state that she papers over with smiles and cheery demeanor, but slips through her facade whenever she's shocked or gets bad news. It would explain why she spirals so quickly into depression serious enough to worry her friends and family whenever she gets bad/shocking news.

Dex-chan lover
I think perhaps it would be best to translate "粗末な宿" as "shabby inn", in this case. Cayna gets angry because Caerick (with the best of intentions, but acting very clumsily) is insulting the place she is lodging — and, by extension, insulting the company she is keeping.

Dex-chan lover
yeah she's old but mentally she just woke up in this body for a year
She's 17-ish "our world", and in this world, from her perspective, for a year now. So 18-ish in our frame of reference.

From the perspective of her "children", and the world she lives in, she's a high-elf who just went Walkabout for a century or two. Something not uncommon in long-lived races.
In fact, given how slow long-lived races take to mature in most settings, they'll probably peg her at around 400 years old, minimum, but it's impolite to ask..
Even then, she's not "Old", but actually in her prime, given her race, and expected to prod buttock and jangle bells for at least another couple of centuries before she'll be considered middle-aged or "old".

Double-page supporter
This chapter is not as bad as you think as i thought it came out great. Nothing here made the chapter confusing or hard to understand but maybe because i had watched the anime we it first aired so the "Poor" made sense to me as that little village "saved" her and even after learning about Cayna's family no one there treats her any different. Them grandkids will learn that Grandma prefers to spend time around the "poor" common folk

Dex-chan lover
XAILNT the TL in ED notes said:
I don't know why Cayna was so pisssed off when her grandson talking about "Poor Inn".

First, I second the nomination you may want a native-English proofreader, who is also a bit familiar with Japanese.

This may help convey subtlety and grammar that is a bit rough around the edges. You can collaborate back-and-forth to smooth out your own understanding of Japanese. And they can smooth our your English for grammar and natural flow.

For "Poor Inn": 粗末 is read as "somatsu".

I think using a stronger term that is more 'standoff-ish' would make more sense.
  • "Indigent" is a somewhat formal word, but equally insulting term. But may require translating all his text in "educated-speak".
  • "Crude" may be another quasi-formal term more familiar to lay readers. Also highly insulting to her starting village benefactors.
  • "Run-down" or "Shabby" are more everyday terms.
  • "Broke-ass" would be the joke translation for April Fools or Ebonics/Dave Chapelle joke chapter.
Given "poor inn" is such a major plot point of this chapter -- carefully handling and reviewing translation of that word is important. MTL may steamroll right over this otherwise.

Dex-chan lover
He aint mind-reader.
I would think it would be quite difficult to grow up mature when she’s been stuck on the hospital bed for so long, and the fact she lost her parents really doesn’t help with her mental growth. Though you can say she learnt tidbits from playing a VR game with friends, but it isn’t a surefire way to learn how to be a proper mature adult.

Dex-chan lover
This is actually a pretty cute series. The plot is generic, but art's good enough to just shut off your brain and enjoy the ride.

Users who are viewing this thread