In the Land of Leadale - Vol. 5 Ch. 24

Dex-chan lover
oh neat, still going on thanks

lol as an original 'virtual' world i wonder if she would've been able to 'reset' any personalities of her kids (tho i guess that'd be cruel if they're ppl with free will versus acting like NPCs lol)

It's nice that there are other 'player' charas she can talk to

And 'using a scroll' makes sense to a real human, tho too bad there aren't instructions for alchemist but i'd assuming potion making is something you do through trial and error assuming you don't blow yourself up versus something that'd be harder to do like casting water magic from within lol

Dex-chan lover
I'm hoping all the "players" are just copied human players and the game is still running but only for the dead to live.
I figure she the lightening strike killed her body but her family found her virtual brain still running in the game and decided to work on it to give her a real life outside of a hospital and that just spiraled into making an Afterlife company for people that wanted to live on after death.

Dex-chan lover
First thing she thinks of, "Can I just nuke it?"

Just randomly creates skill scrolls. Nothing to it.

Sword > protectors.

She's very easily convinced when it comes to not doing those trials.

Smol fairy hug.

Kinda weird that those scrolls just poof after a day.

Dex-chan lover
First thing she thinks of, "Can I just nuke it?"

Just randomly creates skill scrolls. Nothing to it.

Sword > protectors.

She's very easily convinced when it comes to not doing those trials.

Smol fairy hug.

Kinda weird that those scrolls just poof after a day.
Speaking from an MMO gaming perspective, I can confidently imagine this is to prevent a market forming around the skill scrolls, along with parties, players and etc drama of a market as powerful as that. Like she says, everyone who wants one must earn it.

From what I understand of the story so far, it seems like Cream Cheese has that level of authority they do because of this ethic of hard work, and likely the devs share that principle with them and had no problem making that clan as powerful as GMs lol

Dex-chan lover
I'm hoping all the "players" are just copied human players and the game is still running but only for the dead to live.
I figure she the lightening strike killed her body but her family found her virtual brain still running in the game and decided to work on it to give her a real life outside of a hospital and that just spiraled into making an Afterlife company for people that wanted to live on after death.
Possibly, but I doubt they would make it isolated if they were going to do so.

Opus seems to know something about what happened when Cayna runs into him/her, seemed to be male avatar, but a female "player" (Opus was the lead developer)

From what I understand of the story so far, it seems like Cream Cheese has that level of authority they do because of this ethic of hard work, and likely the devs share that principle with them and had no problem making that clan as powerful as GMs lol
It might help that :
The lead admin was a guild member
Ther game existed for Canya, her uncle funded it so she could have a life, and she was also a member
Though the guild was not the only ones with the authority, just most of them.

Aggregator gang
So uh couldn't Mr. alchemist guy have just given the potion scroll to elf lady standing right beside him (since she has item box) and have her "learn" it?

Dex-chan lover
So uh couldn't Mr. alchemist guy have just given the potion scroll to elf lady standing right beside him (since she has item box) and have her "learn" it?
The whole point of him wanting to learning the skill was so that he can study and research the technique himself. Having someone else learn it would just be a repeat of Cayna's demonstration, mysterious process that somehow pops out a bottle of potion.

Dex-chan lover
Speaking from an MMO gaming perspective, I can confidently imagine this is to prevent a market forming around the skill scrolls, along with parties, players and etc drama of a market as powerful as that. Like she says, everyone who wants one must earn it.

I don't remember if this manga covered it, but in the LN Cayna did mentioned when Skill Masters were first added, they were being harassed by greedy players who want free scrolls. It got so bad that one of the original Skill Master got so mentally burnt out he quit the game entirely. The towers are implemented after that incident to combat the harassment, and the Skill Masters get to decide the design of the "tower" and the trials. Which is why so many of these towers are so bonkers, they are meant to keep players away. Cayna really meant it when she says her tower is the most lenient (and also the only tower to resemble a tower)

Dex-chan lover
And I just realized, I think they skipped the part Skargo had a misunderstanding that Cayna is having a romantic date with the 2 players. Not much was loss tho.

Dex-chan lover
Cream cheese, the most feared guild having such a cute name must be illegal.
My only complaint against Cream Cheese, and it's not the author's fault, is that in the 2022 League of Legends-adjacent streaming series Players, the player who uses the handle Creamcheese (played to annoying, strangleable perfection by Mischa Brooks) is such a fucking asshat manchild who never gets his comeuppance that it just ruined the name for me.

Users who are viewing this thread