Inaka no Home Center Otoko no Jiyuu na Isekai Seikatsu - Vol. 1 Ch. 3

Nep

Dex-chan lover
@kaminomikan chopsticks were never supposed to replace spoons. Soup noodles for one are supposed to be eaten with chopsticks and spoons.

Forks on the other hand have their existence challenged by chopsticks.

Also while forks are superior in most cases, apparently stabbing sushi/sashimi harms its taste and thus chopsticks are better. Though more than half the time forks does the job better.

__
What were the God's plans though? Erase his existence by giving him more skills? Then why isekai him in the first place? Shits and giggles?

Group Leader
@F00M @Nk9bjP4A @MrBiggMan66

I just woke up, got some rest and I double checked the translations myself (The translator was still Tamamo not me)
And it was supposed to be stagnant in meaning, Idk why he wrote going on in the but i probably should've at least wrote "Going on for 400 years without anything happening"
But i just changed it to stagnant just now-

Also regarding the page about him being the detonator, I checked the translation myself since I too was a bit confused beforehand and its either Trigger or Detonator, also by definition Catalyst wouldn't work, hence why I added the note on the side. I was also unsure about his position here, and ended up writing what ever was on that page as is, though I just changed as their, to make it smoother as well

Sorry for the errors!

Dex-chan lover
@marshymallowy Nah you good, it's rare for me to make nitpicky comments like that, but it sounded so silly to me I couldn't help but comment. You are doing a great job don't sweat it.

Dex-chan lover
Came here for kitchen jokes

PS He bestowed superior weaboo culture to them

@Tearsax IKR? I get it if its patriotism but this isnt it, elitism - more obnoxious and worse, its getting quite hard to ignore from all these mangas. Its like 80% of japanese citizens dont know there are countries other than Japan. NO HATE against Japan, its people and chopsticks. Im just criticising their "smelling their own fart" attitude.

Group Leader
There is a reason why chopsticks didn't spread pass Asia while forks spread world wide as a common utensil for eating. Japanese are in denial about how great their culture in general is, they dont even realize their culture has already been transformed to be more western then anything. They look desperate to hold onto whats left by giving false praise to such ridiculous things. I guess Japanese food is next, possibly glorious japanese iron after that (which btw is a laughable lie, japanese iron in those days was garbage, its why they needed to fold it so many times. Poor quality can be contributed to the extreme lack of iron mines in japan + they went into isolation later and couldn't trade knowledge well)

side note: the roofed eating area has its roof FAR too high, it became more decorative at this point. any breeze would blow rain inside. The height makes it so the sun at any angle other then dead center above would place many tables outside the shaded area. This seems to be the artists trying to a flair to it

also going to leave this bit of japanese culture here:
https://www.tofugu.com/japanese/tsujigiri/

Aggregator gang
From page 18 to page 21 I can literally hear the montage music

Looking at the comment, I see so many people hate chopsticks, I bet you just didn't know how to use it hehehe

Dex-chan lover
o80nUfg.png

Idc if you use fork, spoon, knife or chopsticks... Use anything you want and it's not my business or your business to tell people what they need to use. If you're gonna visit Japan, korea or China, which where people use chopsticks, and prepared a food for you with chopsticks, then you can ask nicely, if you want spoon and fork because you don't know how to use chopsticks... Easy, right?

Users who are viewing this thread